Dress Code for Men on Princess Ships

bambam

Ok, formal nights are formal, and I know that...got the tuxes ready to go, but I am wondering about the informal nights. Friends of ours have been on Princess and they say informal nights are slacks and open dress shirts. Don't want to pack a suit if I don't have to...;)

Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D

You will be very comfortable in slacks and open dress shirt. The ones that stick out of place are the ones who still think jeans are ok in the dining room. I always wear kackis (sp?) and a nice dress shirt or golf shirt and I am never out of place.

Welcome to the joys of "smart casual" or whatever they're calling it these days. I hate wearing suits/jackets/ties of any sort and with Princess you're free of these dreaded things. Formal night - get out the tux or suit but the rest of the time, dress casual is all you need.

Have a ball!

Rob

Ok, formal nights are formal, and I know that...got the tuxes ready to go, but I am wondering about the informal nights. Friends of ours have been on Princess and they say informal nights are slacks and open dress shirts. Don't want to pack a suit if I don't have to...;)

Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D

sounds about perfect to me...

The suggested dress code is for the evening, not dinner. However you will see many people change after dinner. You will also see men take off their tux jacket the moment they sit down to dinner.

You would look out of place with a suit on when it is not a formal night. You may see some older men in sports jackets, but that's it. The rest are as everyone has said.

I disagree. On our Coral cruise in September, there were lots of men wearing suits on other than formal night, I was one of them. We will be on Island in March and besides wearing a tux on the three formal nights, I will wear a suit on at least two other nights. To each his own. Just because Princess has lowered their standards, doesn't mean that I can't wear a suit.

It is a proven fact that men who leave their tux on until they go to bed have more fun after... :D

And I have the personal experience to corroborate that fact. :D :D

I second that motion ;)

True dat.

The dress code of the spouse/companion/mother/whatever ALWAYS supercedes whatever the cruise line dress code is.

You would look out of place with a suit on when it is not a formal night. You may see some older men in sports jackets, but that's it. The rest are as everyone has said.

I agree with jbond – on the longer Princess cruises there will be many people who are dressed in jackets and ties (what Princess used to call semi-formal and I wish they’d bring those nights back) on Smart Casual nights. It may not be on the 7-day Caribbean runs, but that’s not the only type of cruise Princess offers.

We just returned from a cruise on the Star. I organized the cruise and even recruited a few new cruisers. The first night we were in the diningroom, my huband's friend (single guy in his 40's) showed up in a bright orange Syracuse t-shirt.

Well BAMBAM (aka Bruce)...Look what you've started here! Joan said that you'd started a thread on Princess on dress codes for men, so OF COURSE, knowing how much you LOVE to pack, I just had to read it. :D We all miss you on the VA Thread...stop by and visit us. We're really not THAT bad...in fact, we're a lot of fun :D

Anyways...I think khakis and open shirts or polo shirt will be just fine for any night but formal. You'll be just fine and dapper lookin', ya know??

Archived