New to NCL, looking to book Escape & have balcony cabin questions

01Sweetpea

I'm looking to book a cruise for May 2019 on the Escape to Bermuda, we (hubby & I) have cruised Royal & Carnival before.  We usually book a balcony cabin. Since this is a large ship and there seems to be only one main pool, I'm guessing chair hogs will be out in full force.  Having 3 sea days, we will like to spend some time relaxing and getting some sun. 

With that in mind, is it better to:

book a regular balcony cabin and then get either Vibe or Thermal spa passes?

book a large balcony cabin?

book a spa balcony cabin?

Are their any perks to booking a mini suite balcony?

Thank you,

We sailed Escape last October. Booked a spa balcony. When we booked there were angled balconies available. If you sweet talk the room steward, you might get him to bring a lounger. Plenty of room.

The cost of the spa balcony was less than booking a non-spa and purchasing the spa passes.

There are no extra benefits to booking a mini-suite other than maybe a larger bathroom. People gripe all the time about the "mini-suite" name, but RCL does the same with their Junior Suites.

By the way, the spa was wonderful.

1 hour ago, 01Sweetpea said:

I'm looking to book a cruise for May 2019 on the Escape to Bermuda, we (hubby & I) have cruised Royal & Carnival before.  We usually book a balcony cabin. Since this is a large ship and there seems to be only one main pool, I'm guessing chair hogs will be out in full force.  Having 3 sea days, we will like to spend some time relaxing and getting some sun. 

With that in mind, is it better to:

book a regular balcony cabin and then get either Vibe or Thermal spa passes?

book a large balcony cabin?

book a spa balcony cabin?

Are their any perks to booking a mini suite balcony?

Thank you,

Vibe is unnecessary. There are plenty of areas away from the chair hogs. For example, when I was on escape in July I hung out in an area right outside of vibe on deck 19. Beautiful views, nice bar, whirlpools and still within 60 second walk of pool. They even had a misting station to cool off. 

There are 2 pools. One is for all ages and the other is adult-only.

There is no guarantee that you will get VIBE access.

Spa access is easier to get but the Spa is indoors.

The aft-facing B1 balconies offer a good size and good privacy but beware that balcony sizes differ in depth (depending on deck) and width. They also differ in bed location (near balcony or near closet).

There are usually plenty of empty chairs in the sun if you look at spots away from the pools.

You could look at the mini-suite with large balcony on Deck 8 as well.  It's open to viewing from lots of other balconies, but it is huge.  And I think comes with loungers, chairs, and a table.