When are Guaranteed cabin numbers assigned

Jilltoons

10 minutes ago, L75317 said:

We sail on the NS this Sunday and still do not have our cabin assignments.  We have 2 balcony cabin guarantees in our party and neither has been assigned.  Has never been this late before!  Getting very anxious!

I hope this isn't indicative of the NS waiting this long on all sailings to assign cabin numbers.  We sail on the 7th and I was hoping to hear something within the next few days. 

8 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I hope this isn't indicative of the NS waiting this long on all sailings to assign cabin numbers.  We sail on the 7th and I was hoping to hear something within the next few days. 

This is our 6th HAL cruise and we have never waited this long.  I have been checking several times a day to no avail! 

Just got our assigments. No upgrades. Deck 4. Partially obstructed balcony cabins. One is a fully accessible cabin that looks quite large with a much larger balcony. Wish it was not by the elevators, but looks really nice. Surprised about that cabin! 

1 hour ago, L75317 said:

Just got our assigments. No upgrades. Deck 4. Partially obstructed balcony cabins. One is a fully accessible cabin that looks quite large with a much larger balcony. Wish it was not by the elevators, but looks really nice. Surprised about that cabin! 

Congrats!! You'll enjoy having the extra space! 

Just received our Cabin assignment.  

We're happy with an upgrade from BC Vista Suite to an AA Vista Suite.

great location for elevators and getting around 

Now I feel like we have a home 😎

In full on Cruise Mode now!

3 hours ago, CAVE MAN said:

We sail on the April 7th and received our cabin assignment yesterday, and it was an upgrade. Very thankful !!!!

Congrats on your upgrade!!!!

We were upgraded too and are THANKFUL - I'm now comparing boarding passes and luggage tags to see IF I can tell any difference between them.

I thought maybe an AA suite on Rotterdam counted for something additional - guess not - we're up close to Neptune Lounge would have enjoyed the fresh Iced tea and having coffee close.

Edited by hugger

25 minutes ago, hugger said:

Congrats on your upgrade!!!!

We were upgraded too and are THANKFUL - I'm now comparing boarding passes and luggage tags to see IF I can tell any difference between them.

I thought maybe an AA suite on Rotterdam counted for something additional - guess not - we're up close to Neptune Lounge would have enjoyed the fresh Iced tea and having coffee close.

All Vista suites are treated the same.  Basically no extra perks that I can recall (just off the Amsterdam on a 2 week cruise in a Vista).  Big difference in cabin size and perks between a Vista and a Neptune - maybe you will get lucky and be offered a last minute upsell (we got one a year ago on the Rotterdam, only 4 days prior to sailing and the Neptunes had been sold out for months!  You never know - keep your eyes on your email box!

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

All Vista suites are treated the same.  Basically no extra perks that I can recall (just off the Amsterdam on a 2 week cruise in a Vista).  Big difference in cabin size and perks between a Vista and a Neptune - maybe you will get lucky and be offered a last minute upsell (we got one a year ago on the Rotterdam, only 4 days prior to sailing and the Neptunes had been sold out for months!  You never know - keep your eyes on your email box!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that is what we wanted! They did offer the Pinnacle for 3100.00 more for the week about 3 weeks ago.  I just couldn't quite justify for a short weeks cruise.  We've had the Vista Suites before but on lower floors not up with all the suites.  

Edited by hugger

Usually the later you get your assignment, the better it is. The latest I got was 3 days out when I went from an MM to a C. I am now 11 days out waiting on a VH balcony guarantee for a Hawaii cruise on A $279 upsell from my C which was a free upgrade from my L. 

9 minutes ago, sambamama said:

Usually the later you get your assignment, the better it is.

I've heard that said many times but it hasn't been my experience.  A couple of our best assignments came 10 or 11 days out, and in at least 2 cases friends who got their assignments late got exactly what they booked - no upgrade.

We are sailing on Sunday on the NS and still no cabin assignment.  Of course, I understand that we may not get it until the day before.  But, that isn't keeping me from checking the website every few hours!  This is my first time with a guaranteed room, and I'm not sure if I actually like the suspense or not.  Fingers crossed we get something decent! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

We are sailing on Sunday on the NS and still no cabin assignment.  Of course, I understand that we may not get it until the day before.  But, that isn't keeping me from checking the website every few hours!  This is my first time with a guaranteed room, and I'm not sure if I actually like the suspense or not.  Fingers crossed we get something decent! 

Please let us know!  Good luck!!