Adventure Ocean and dining questions on Allure

We are currently booked on the Allure in 2 weeks...woohoo! We were booked on MTD before we found out about family MTD with the early traditional seating. I have tried to switch but early is full...we will check on board but right now it is a no go. MTD is also full until late, so we will try reservations on board or just show up. We are planning on eating early, around 5:30 pm. I have read that you can show up with the kids at the suggested time and they wouldn't know what time your dining is, you just sign up there. Is that still true? And if so, will the waiter care if we are MTD but request the schedule of the Family Time dining?

Secondly, we have the 3 night dining package scheduled and are planning to do a date night a couple of nights by ourselves. I read that although the programming is typically from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, you can sign the kids up to eat with them and drop them off by 5. Do they keep them after they eat until the programming starts? I assumed, but wanted to clarify.

Thanks!

MTD is request time. Family time is Early Main Dining. In Family it's set time they will expedite the kids food. You could request Family b4 and if havent got after boarding try and request it. You can also email request 2-3 weeks before your sailing(not before) to rcldining@rccl.com. Or all else fails #1 take kid to WindJammer to eat then drop off to AO before you eat. Or just eat with them in WJ or Main and drop kids off at AO yourself. Times on ships when D.R. and W.J. are open can be different even between sailings on same ship. Same with Drop off at AO to eat, not sure time will be. My kids did it yrs ago was only on Formal nite and Drop off was same time as WJ opened which was 6pm. 5pm may be too early drop off, sure other's may offer better info.

Edited by ONECRUISER

Yes....after the AO staff takes the kids to the WJ for dinner they then take them back to AO for the evening scheduled activities.

Our grandson was in the Aquanauts onboard Harmony and this evening option worked out great and he loved it. On the nights we used it we had to have him there by no later than 5:30pm to participate in the dinner option.

Edited by Ashland

Yes.  Just to add - if you eat early, you can bri g the kids out to AO councilors near MDR.  You don’t have to be in My Family Time Dining to do this, BUT you do need to sign up with AO earlier in the day.  They will only take kids that are on their list.  The other option that was mentioned is Adventure Dining.  You need to check the CC but I have seen it offered almost every night on some ships.  You drop kids off at AO.  5:30 sounds about right, and councilors take kids to WJ to eat.  They usually have a small section roped off for the kids.  We have also done the WJ at 6pm for our son, drop off at AO, and then specialty for us at 7pm...lol