Unassigned dining time?

mbuckles071

We had to postpone our 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Horizon for June 29th. We rebooked directly with Carnival for same cruise on July 27th. They said all dining slots were taken, early, late, and anytime dining? She said we were waitlisted for the anytime dining. This seems odd to me. Wouldn't they just assign me anytime dining if both early and late were taken? Btw, we requested anytime dining.

Did you book with a PVP or a person at the call center?  You are correct that the early or late could already be full.  With Any Time Dining, those tables won't be full all of the time during the hours of operation.

I suggest you call again and if they say the same thing, ask for a supervisor.  If they can sell you a cabin, they can assign you a dining time.  That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

regardless you're more than likely going to get anytime dining. Just go with the flow and go to dinner when you want between the selected times for anytime dining. ill never again get a set time for dining it will always be anytime  

They hold a certain number of slots for each dining time open in order to accommodate diamond passengers who are guaranteed their choice of dining time.  Closer to the cruise time, they will allocate those slots to those on the waiting lists.  Don't worry, everyone is assigned either early, late, or Your Time dining.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Did you book with a PVP or a person at the call center?  You are correct that the early or late could already be full.  With Any Time Dining, those tables won't be full all of the time during the hours of operation.

I suggest you call again and if they say the same thing, ask for a supervisor.  If they can sell you a cabin, they can assign you a dining time.  That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

A PVP. It also shows up  on the Carnival page as being waitlisted for anytime dining under "manage my cruise" .