Prepaid Shore Excursion Refund?

Lyndonn

I have prepaid for a Princess shore excursion through my Personalizer account and then had  to cancel the tour.  However, the credit still shows on my account, I requested a refund from Princess and I was told it will automatically refund in 10-15 days.  

What has been your experience with prepaid shore excursion cancellations and refunds.

Thank you 

It has been my experience that a cancelled pre-paid excursion cost is refunded within a couple of business days.

Any onboard credit used to pay for the excursion is restored to my onboard account.  Any credit card charge used to pay for all or part of the excursion is credited back to my credit card.  If you paid with a credit card, keep checking your card's account on-line to see when the credit appears.

I have found if you paid with a credit card, you don't get a refund unless you ask. It automatically goes towards OBC and ultimately if you don't spend it, it will be refunded.

I have had to call multiple times and have gotten some stupid people at Princess trying to get this refunded. Some say "you don't want OBC?". I would call again and see if they can refund it. It has taken multiple calls sometimes.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I have found if you paid with a credit card, you don't get a refund unless you ask. It automatically goes towards OBC and ultimately if you don't spend it, it will be refunded.

I have had to call multiple times and have gotten some stupid people at Princess trying to get this refunded. Some say "you don't want OBC?". I would call again and see if they can refund it. It has taken multiple calls sometimes.

I agree...this should not be.  Princess needs to get their act together with pre-purchased shore excursion refunds. 

10 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

I have prepaid for a Princess shore excursion through my Personalizer account and then had  to cancel the tour.  However, the credit still shows on my account, I requested a refund from Princess and I was told it will automatically refund in 10-15 days.  

What has been your experience with prepaid shore excursion cancellations and refunds.

Thank you 

My experience was that they were going to give me the credit in OBC.  They claim that it is not really paid for until you get onboard, but sometimes we have to use existing OBC PLUS an amount on our Credit card if we pre-book on the Personalizer. 
I had to call them and insist on a refund on my credit card.