Coco Cay Thrill Park Cabana

I have seen these cabanas start at $499 and go up from there. Has anyone paid less than the $499 so far? I am trying to decide what we need/want on our upcoming trip. I know we need shade as we extremely pale northerners. 

What other options are there on the island for shade other than a cabana?

1 hour ago, kimma11 said:

I have seen these cabanas start at $499 and go up from there. Has anyone paid less than the $499 so far? I am trying to decide what we need/want on our upcoming trip. I know we need shade as we extremely pale northerners. 

What other options are there on the island for shade other than a cabana?

There's another thread that includes this topic....but a quick answer is yes...the pricing varies based on which specific cruise (date) and also may vary from time to time based on "special discount" promotions.

Until recently, our November cruise that includes Coco Cay were priced @$499.  We booked ours @ $399. under a promo.

Paid 549 for it on my july cruise.  Does anyone if there will be other perks with the cabanas. Like lunch being brought to you. Maybe a special line for cabana guests. I Know it has not opened yet, but just curious if anyone has heard anything.

3 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Paid 549 for it on my july cruise.  Does anyone if there will be other perks with the cabanas. Like lunch being brought to you. Maybe a special line for cabana guests. I Know it has not opened yet, but just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Haven't heard any details.

11 hours ago, jptoz said:

Access to Snack Shack (free food there), free supply of bottled water in the cabana, free beach towels, and a dedicated cabana attendant are the main ones listed to date.

Paid $509. for mine - end of June.  Asked about secure storage in the cabana given that there are supposedly outlets for devices and that the cabanas are not in a secure place. Was told they would check on it. Received an email back that said "no locking areas in the cabana as of now, but there are lockers available throughout Coco Cay for an $8. a day rental fee.  Needless to say, I think that is ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mbelle97 said:

Paid $399 - Mariner - sailing late Sept.

It's now listed in the cruise planner at $379 but I've seen it at $499 as well.

For the Thrill Park Cabanas?  That’s a great price!

They are currently on sale, for $374.99, with up to 6 people including the full day park passes.  this is for our May Adventure cruise.

The funny thing is that the Chill Island cabanas are selling for $1049 (not on sale), same cruise.  

Edited by barbeyg

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

They are currently on sale, for $374.99, with up to 6 people including the full day park passes.  this is for our May Adventure cruise.

The funny thing is that the Chill Island cabanas are selling for $1049 (not on sale), same cruise.  

Yikes!!  We paid $499 for the Chill Island cabana for next February and I am going to keep stalking the price to see if the price dops... $1049 is crazy expensive!  Even if you have 8 people and split the cost!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kag19 said:

Depends on the cabana type you book.  Some are 6 and some are 8.

Are they flexible on the number? can you pull up more chairs to add more people. we have more than the allowed amount, but I don't expect that we'll all be in the cabana at the same time for most of the day.

40 minutes ago, alishac said:

Are you allowed to bring more than 6 people to the cabana?

They give you a specific number of wristbands, and will not allow those without wristbands.

4 minutes ago, alishac said:

Are they flexible on the number? can you pull up more chairs to add more people. we have more than the allowed amount, but I don't expect that we'll all be in the cabana at the same time for most of the day.

From what I have been told by others that have rented cabanas before in Cococay or Labadee is that they are not flexible on the numbers.  If you have 10 in your party and you have a cabana for 8 then you will have to rent 2 cabanas.  From there you can hang out together in either cabana but they won't allow a party of more than what was booked.  We have 10 going on our next trip so we rented two cabanas just to be safe.

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Wow. $375 that's a good deal. Right now it's $880 for my July Adventure cruise. And the Chill Island  Cabanas are $450.

Edited by jptoz

1 hour ago, jptoz said:

Wow. $375 that's a good deal. Right now it's $880 for my July Adventure cruise. And the Chill Island  Cabanas are $450.

I would guess they are trying to see what the market is willing to pay, since your numbers are the opposite of ours.  Go figure.  

I suggest watching the prices.  This is the lowest we have seen for the Thrill Park cabanas (the $374.99).   If they don't sell out for your cruise, the price could come down like ours has.