LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

We did Glacier Bay on HAL. They opened up the aft deck to the public on glacier days. We had to go through the back of the theater. The views were awesome though cold. Wonder if such a deck exist for this ship??

I am packing my motion sickness patch for those sea days to and from LA. 2 more sleeps for us!

Lived HAL for Alaska! Here is a link to my live review on that if interested.
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2581044-nieuw-amsterdam-live-review-september-1-8-2018/

There is nowhere they can do that on the Royal. The Outrigger Bar in nice but small. No a ton of viewing from there. I’ll post my ship tour video once home. The Royal is a beautiful ship and I think you can find viewing spots on 17. You’ll just need to wander from side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like most of you are having more fun than me. I’ve had a dead leg all week. I don’t go very many places. I was so looking forward to this. Bad time for a physical breakdown. If I ever cruise again, I had better settle for a Grand Class ship. Too much walking on this ship for me. I havetolean on walls, handrails, chairs, etc.to get around.

Looks like most of you are having more fun than me. I’ve had a dead leg all week. I don’t go very many places. I was so looking forward to this. Bad time for a physical breakdown. If I ever cruise again, I had better settle for a Grand Class ship. Too much walking on this ship for me. I havetolean on walls, handrails, chairs, etc.to get around.

We so enjoyed meeting you though! I hope they get your keg fixed soon.

So I checked out our regular loungers in the Sanctuary - 47 and 47A. They have very little wind and a wonderful view compared to others. Get those for Alaska to at least give you viewing options.

• Like 1

question so do all cabanas come with the cabana (shady spot) and then 2 loungers out in the sun or are those loungers in front of your cabana not part of the cabana? 

Yes they do. The cabana price is for 2 people which includes the 2 loungers. Nice!

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes they do. The cabana price is for 2 people which includes the 2 loungers. Nice

SUUUHHHWWEEEETTTT!!  I may have to check that out next time we do a lazy cruise or cruise without our friends.  And you can come and go from your cabana right...so if we wanted to venture out to the buffet, alfredos or bingo then go back and lounge some more?

SUUUHHHWWEEEETTTT!!  I may have to check that out next time we do a lazy cruise or cruise without our friends.  And you can come and go from your cabana right...so if we wanted to venture out to the buffet, alfredos or bingo then go back and lounge some more?

Yup depending upon how long you rent it. You can also order food and drinks there, which is the same for the loungers. No one can use them while under your purchased days. We purchased them all week so they are there when we want them.

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yup depending upon how long you rent it. You can also order food and drinks there, which is the same for the loungers. No one can use them while under your purchased days. We purchased them all week so they are there when we want them.

Hmm seriously thinking about this now...if you don't mind..so I don't sound dumb when I go to the spa...if we only wanted to rent for half a day do you pick the hours or does the spa tell you the hours?  I see the hours are not in the patter...so if say they are open 8 to 8...can we do a half day of 6 hours and do 9-3?  This is all new to me...I always just pass right by it have taken a couple pics...but your pics and thread have me really thinking about this as a splurge every so often...

Hmm seriously thinking about this now...if you don't mind..so I don't sound dumb when I go to the spa...if we only wanted to rent for half a day do you pick the hours or does the spa tell you the hours?  I see the hours are not in the patter...so if say they are open 8 to 8...can we do a half day of 6 hours and do 9-3?  This is all new to me...I always just pass right by it have taken a couple pics...but your pics and thread have me really thinking about this as a splurge every so often...

I don’t know about the spa but the Sanctuary is by half day or whole day. Half day PM is 1:30-6:00. I suppose morning is 9:00 - 1:30.

42 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I don’t know about the spa but the Sanctuary is by half day or whole day. Half day PM is 1:30-6:00. I suppose morning is 9:00 - 1:30.

Ok yes I  meant sanctuary not spa...thanks for all the info.