LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

One week+ and counting until spring break vacation and our Royal Princess cruise to the Mexican Rivera begins. To be honest, this is actually Part II of a comparison thread between the NCL Star and the Royal Princess. Both ships sail out of San Pedro to the Mexican Rivera. The NCL cruise was over Christmas December 2018. That LIVE thread and review can be found here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2614275-live-comparison-ncl-star-12-21-18-vs-royal-princess-4-06-19/

I am doing this because first, I thought it’d be fun, and second, people have the choice to cruise NCL and Princess out of San Pedro so might want a perspective on both lines. Of course, this is only one person’s perspective so there’s that!

I am not going to go too much into the who I am.. background thing – that was covered in the first thread. I will be traveling with my mom this time, though, not my DH and DDs. That is a good thing. She is easy to travel with and we like the same things.

So - Who’s ready for some FUN? 

• Like 3

The Royal is not supposed to be Medallion Ready until the cruise after ours (April 13, 2019), but folks have been using it onboard already. Plus, I was able to download all of the apps and such. A little tedious but I am all finished and ready to see what the Medallion thing is all about! What I am REALLY excited about is trying out the MedallionNet! The reviews have been VERY positive. If you read thread #1 you know that the WiFi on the NCL Star was TERRIBLE with a Capital T! It was impossible, at times,  to post any LIVE info or pictures. So frustrating.

Please let me know if you want me to post info on anything once onboard. I will do my best.

TTFN.

Edited by HBCcruiser

Looking forward to reading your review. I am on Royal now doing the same itinerary! Many problems for me but hope all the kinks are sorted out by the time you board! It is medallion ready and medallion net ia great!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Looking forward to reading your review. I am on Royal now doing the same itinerary! Many problems for me but hope all the kinks are sorted out by the time you board! It is medallion ready and medallion net ia great!

I hope so too! Thank you! 

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

One week+ and counting until spring break vacation and our Royal Princess cruise to the Mexican Rivera begins. To be honest, this is actually Part II of a comparison thread between the NCL Star and the Royal Princess. Both ships sail out of San Pedro to the Mexican Rivera. The NCL cruise was over Christmas December 2018. That LIVE thread and review can be found here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2614275-live-comparison-ncl-star-12-21-18-vs-royal-princess-4-06-19/

I am doing this because first, I thought it’d be fun, and second, people have the choice to cruise NCL and Princess out of San Pedro so might want a perspective on both lines. Of course, this is only one person’s perspective so there’s that!

I am not going to go too much into the who I am.. background thing – that was covered in the first thread. I will be traveling with my mom this time, though, not my DH and DDs. That is a good thing. She is easy to travel with and we like the same things.

So - Who’s ready for some FUN? 

ME Me, Tiffany, I’m ready for fun times on the beautiful ROYAL Princess! 🎉🍾🥂

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

LOL, I saw live from.... and then I was thinking.... hey, did I miss the ship?  LOL

how I wish it was already 4/6 

Soon enough for us! I always start my LIVE reviews early in case folks have questions or things they want photos/info on.  Starting my packing on Saturday! 

• Like 3

We'll be aboard with you.....group of 3 couples just for fun trying out the Royal class we've never done.  We are hopeful all of the "bugs" are worked out by next week.  Also hoping there are not too many children on board overrunning the pools and hot tubs.....we did that on our very first cruise with our then ten year old twin boys,  there were 800 children on board the Diamond.  One does not mind when your family is part of the "spring break" crowd,  but based on pricing we thought this sailing was not part of that.....we know in our area "spring break" is Easter.

22 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

We'll be aboard with you.....group of 3 couples just for fun trying out the Royal class we've never done.  We are hopeful all of the "bugs" are worked out by next week.  Also hoping there are not too many children on board overrunning the pools and hot tubs.....we did that on our very first cruise with our then ten year old twin boys,  there were 800 children on board the Diamond.  One does not mind when your family is part of the "spring break" crowd,  but based on pricing we thought this sailing was not part of that.....we know in our area "spring break" is Easter.

Awesome! Are you part of the Roll Call? We have a few things planned - just fun get-togethers like pub crawl, cabin crawl and an after muster meet at the Outrigger bar. Joint eh fun f you want!

I don't think it will be too bad regarding Spring Break. I live in SoCal and a lot of schools have off this week or next. Hopefully it won't be too bad. The GREAT thing about Princess is that they have an adult only pool and bar. We will probably be there quite a bit. See you onboard! 

May I ask what apps we need to load for the medalian....?

These are the ones I loaded but load Ocean Ready first. That is the one that will help you board easily and is linked to your account info and such. a6712f7bbc04177c57ef2428945d7754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Bon Voyage!  😎

Thanks, Keith

14 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

LOL, I saw live from.... and then I was thinking.... hey, did I miss the ship?  LOL

how I wish it was already 4/6 

Dana, I thought the same... LOL

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Awesome! Are you part of the Roll Call?

Tiffany, I have them listed, but don't have their names yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Amy G said:

I can't wait for you to board, as we will board a week after!

Let me know if you want any specific info or pics of anything. I will be uploading photos of daily patters and menus... as long as the WiFi is as fast as they say...😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

Let me know if you want any specific info or pics of anything. I will be uploading photos of daily patters and menus... as long as the WiFi is as fast as they say...😁

Menus would be awesome!  I like to know what the dinners are in advance.  :)  Thanks!

Just now, Amy G said:

Menus would be awesome!  I like to know what the dinners are in advance.  🙂 Thanks!

Ok. We are in a suite so are scheduled for Anytime Dining and breakfast at Sabatini's (if that makes any difference). We are also going to Crown Grill and Sabatini's for dinner. I will try to get copies of menus daily. I have not sailed Princess in a while, but am hoping that our room steward can get those for us. If not, I'll figure it out!