Where did my Getaway Cruise Go????

sarlin

OK I admit I have scrolled passed these types of posts in the past-It's the old adage, that unless it applies to you you have no idea what this feels like to the poster....

I am retiring from being a Special Ed teacher in October 2020-Yes I am counting down the days already!!!

We booked a Transatlantic on the Getaway for Dec 6, 2020-This would have been a Big Celebratory cruise for us!

It's no longer on the NCL site as being a choice to book.  It still shows for me as a booked cruise in my account-

Where is it? What happened to it? Will NCL ever contact me about it?

Thanks!

Sarliin

6 minutes ago, sarlin said:

OK I admit I have scrolled passed these types of posts in the past-It's the old adage, that unless it applies to you you have no idea what this feels like to the poster....

I am retiring from being a Special Ed teacher in October 2020-Yes I am counting down the days already!!!

We booked a Transatlantic on the Getaway for Dec 6, 2020-This would have been a Big Celebratory cruise for us!

It's no longer on the NCL site as being a choice to book.  It still shows for me as a booked cruise in my account-

Thanks!

Sarliin

This is very interesting, my cancelled 12 day Getaway in Jan 2020 first disappeared from website then cancelled, got cancellation letter about 9 hours after.  Hope it’s just a glitch.

This happened shortly after us booking a 19 day TA on Getaway from Copenhagen to New Orleans scheduled for 10/20/2019. A quick call to NCL and I was assured it was not cancelled. After about a month the cruise reappeared but with only Inside rooms available, NCL said the cruise is fully booked and probably will have more cabins available closer to our June final payment. 

10 hours ago, sarlin said:

Thanks!

Sarliin

Interesting!  Nothing shows up between 11/29/20 and 12/19/20 at this point.  Definitely give NCL a call and see if you can get an answer, something is up.

And CONGRATULATIONS on looking forward to your retirement...as a current special education teacher, I completely understand how much you are looking forward to that celebration!  

Thanks all!  I will call NCL today.

Ella2, I have loved being a teacher all these years-I currently work in our District Office as the person who trains new teachers-I have done this for the past 14 years, and it has been as rewarding as being in the classroom.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:15 AM, sarlin said:

Thanks all!  I will call NCL today.

Ella2, I have loved being a teacher all these years-I currently work in our District Office as the person who trains new teachers-I have done this for the past 14 years, and it has been as rewarding as being in the classroom.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement. I remember those days of counting even if you love your job. As for your disappearing cruise, I hope you get an answer. It could be a computer problem, it could have been the ship is now chartered out or who know what else. The good new is, you are talking a year and 1/2 away. I bet you can find some other cruise that would work for you. I know that isn't what you had planned, but it certainly is an option. 

Wait a minute, it looks like this was posted a month of so ago or am I just looking at the date wrong. If it was posted I am sure you have your answer by now. 

Yes, My Getaway cruise was cancelled.  We got the letter and were offered a discount on another booked cruise.  We booked the Epic (Been on her before in the Med) departing Barcelona in late November 2020-13 day.  It's sailing to Puerto Rico so that will be exciting-

Happy Sailing everyone!!!