Venchi is now on the banned list!

ssmea03

Having just returned I can offer a genuine & very recent experience here...

We were using the old Deluxe package (for the last time sadly) & Venchi was NOT an issue, despite my thinking/fearing it would be. 

We had all the alcoholic options, not just the martini's, the hot chocolates, special coffee offerings, ice cream straight, milkshakes, smoothies & sundea delights or special gelato cups on offer without charge or issue, except once in the Jungle zone outlet where a young man was very strong within not supporting our gelato on a stick (magnum style) request! The espresso with three pralines was my favourite & I think I had 100 chocolates via this method!

For me losing Venchi now IS a big deal ...Not because I'm fat or greedy or both actually, but because I think it is human nature to view negatively something with a charge that you once enjoyed for 'free'.

Venchi is not included on ANY package moving forwards & over yet another set of pralines on morning we thought they may be making a Venchi package offering some time soon ...but I stress that is opinion based & nothing official.

On our sailing the outlet(s) were being used heavily, sometimes with a decent wait for service, but the chocolates retail outlet was never in use ...they are as expensive as they are delightful lol.

Having failed this mornings mission to squeeze in to my non-elasticated waist suit trousers I'm not sure I regret not bringing any of these chocolate devils home 😈    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Having just returned I can offer a genuine & very recent experience here...

We were using the old Deluxe package (for the last time sadly) & Venchi was NOT an issue, despite my thinking/fearing it would be. 

We had all the alcoholic options, not just the martini's, the hot chocolates, special coffee offerings, ice cream straight, milkshakes, smoothies & sundea delights or special gelato cups on offer without charge or issue, except once in the Jungle zone outlet where a young man was very strong within not supporting our gelato on a stick (magnum style) request! The espresso with three pralines was my favourite & I think I had 100 chocolates via this method!

For me losing Venchi now IS a big deal ...Not because I'm fat or greedy or both actually, but because I think it is human nature to view negatively something with a charge that you once enjoyed for 'free'.

Venchi is not included on ANY package moving forwards & over yet another set of pralines on morning we thought they may be making a Venchi package offering some time soon ...but I stress that is opinion based & nothing official.

On our sailing the outlet(s) were being used heavily, sometimes with a decent wait for service, but the chocolates retail outlet was never in use ...they are as expensive as they are delightful lol.

Having failed this mornings mission to squeeze in to my non-elasticated waist suit trousers I'm not sure I regret not bringing any of these chocolate devils home 😈    

Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Pester pester pester!😊

Here you go!  This was an electronic sign as you entered Venchi going aft to forward.  It rotated between 6 screens IIRC.  Sorry the last one is blurry - I'm sure I was in a hurry to go eat or drink something.

Hi, on seaside right now (4/13 sailing). 

Some of my friends have deluxe package, no charge at Venchi. For YC, the server saw our bracelet, told us immediately,  there will be no charge at all, she didn't inquire if we are in old package or new package...

I have to admit, I gained 5 pounds in just 2 days!! Love but also hate Venchi!!! But problem is, cant stop myself from ordering it.

Oh, btw, crepe is also free on deck 7 next to Miami bar.