Venchi is now on the banned list!

ssmea03

7 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Okay I have the bourbon answer 

Makers Mark

Jim Beam

Jack Daniels

Woodford Reserve all available in the YC today 

I've seen Elijah Craig on Divina, and listed in menus too. As a Heaven Hill fan I'd recommend it. And Jack Daniels is Tennessee whiskey, not bourbon. 

Edited by ssmea03

44 minutes ago, ssmea03 said:

I've seen Elijah Craig on Divina, and listed in menus too. 

The brands differ depending on the region the ship is sailing in.  Hamrag has reported that Johnnie Walker Blue was included in the Connoisseurs' Selection on his recent cruise;  I don't think it's available on European-based cruises.

Edited by Beamafar

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Well said, Dave.  I was trying to compose something on those lines in response to Liz posting about certain wines now not being available in YC.  It'll be interesting to see if I can get them on the Prem+ package that we've upgraded to.  If I have to go to the Champagne bar to fetch some and bring it back to the YC restaurant, I will do so, but I'll also be having a word with the Hotel Director if that's the case.

What is the cost of YC upgrading to  premium+?

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Well said, Dave.  I was trying to compose something on those lines in response to Liz posting about certain wines now not being available in YC.  It'll be interesting to see if I can get them on the Prem+ package that we've upgraded to.  If I have to go to the Champagne bar to fetch some and bring it back to the YC restaurant, I will do so, but I'll also be having a word with the Hotel Director if that's the case.

Edited by mnocket

I'm basing this on the premise that the Premium package IS included for YC guests (see the thread I started on the subject!).  Now, Premium is $62 and Prem+ is $79 so the cost to upgrade should be $17 pppd.  If you upgrade onboard, you'll pay another 15% service charge which can be avoided by upgrading before sailing.

18 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

No offence taken and how long have you got 😂😂😝

So back in November 2018 MSC changed the names and prices of their drinks packages.

There was a huge furor from passengers as the price jump was quite steep and passengers who had already booked the old pkg were told they would now get the new ones which included less for more money in some cases although you could of course pay to "upgrade"..........  

Then MSC decided those who had the old package would still get it when they sailed.

Venchi is a highly desireable bar/ cafe and people love the chcolate martinis and gelato to name a couple. Venchi gelato used to be included in the old classic package but its not included in any new package. The drinks you could get with the new premium plus. 

Apparently now, no Venchi is included in anything so its a case of being told you will get something and then later you are told you wont get it. 

It's just a little  irritating as it seems to change on a whim so it can make things hard to plan. 

Hope i haven't confused you too much.

Since the ships run 24/7 it's hard to make a change without offending a lot of people but they figure you will get over it what's the worse that could happen.people will run back to carnival and see how lovely that is and member why they switched to something else?

1 hour ago, scpirate said:

Since the ships run 24/7 it's hard to make a change without offending a lot of people but they figure you will get over it what's the worse that could happen.people will run back to carnival and see how lovely that is and member why they switched to something else?

I wouldn't knock Carnival.... Equally as good, better in customer service, food and smiling staff, then MSC...not including Yacht Club of course.

• Like 1

Bea still working on the wine 🍷 list

JW Blue is on Connoisseur Collection.

ssmea03 I asked the bartender re bourbon  and reported back with the information I was given, it was not something I am familiar with. Please do not pick holes in someone’s helping others.

16 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

ssmea03 I asked the bartender re bourbon  and reported back with the information I was given, it was not something I am familiar with. Please do not pick holes in someone’s helping others.

Sorry, no criticism was intended, I simply wished to add additional information. 

23 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Sorry, I must apoligise twice, you meant my nick picking about JD being Tennessee whiskey not Bourbon. Please don't take offence but feel free to pass on my criticism to the relevant barman.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, ssmea03 said:

Here's the old description, you'll notice that prosecco and asti have also been deletted from easy.

IMG_20181222_215257.jpg.5c2f96c0f1dc6f5ab99393e209213484.jpg

I want to confirm that the sodas, fruit juices, bottled water, coffee drinks and chocolate delights in the Premium package are also available with the Deluxe?  I booked before the change but I don't drink a lot of alcohol so I'm hoping it's not a mostly alcohol plan now.

3 hours ago, FGJones said:

I want to confirm that the sodas, fruit juices, bottled water, coffee drinks and chocolate delights in the Premium package are also available with the Deluxe?  I booked before the change but I don't drink a lot of alcohol so I'm hoping it's not a mostly alcohol plan now.

It's all of the bar list, except Connoisseurs Selection plus what is listed as extra in the description for Deluxe.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, ssmea03 said:

This just posted on FB. New small print on drinks package descriptions excluding Venchi. Does it apply to the whole of Venchi? Or just what is unique to Venchi?

FB_IMG_1554583909392.jpg

Is this the new menu?  If so, is the left the packages available if you purchase onboard and right side if you pre purchase or is that just a list of the old packages?

3 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Is this the new menu?  If so, is the left the packages available if you purchase onboard and right side if you pre purchase or is that just a list of the old packages?

New packages on the left, old packages on the right.

There have been so many changes since I booked my cruise and all of them have removed things i was entitled to when I booked. I’m starting to get a really bad feeling about MSC before I’ve even sailed with them. I’m seriously debating on cancelling and sticking with the companies I know. Yes it’s just a few drinks this time and just a few vouchers the last time (I have deluxe) but what’s included when I book shouldn’t keep being changed. This may actually be the final straw for me. 

13 hours ago, paulajj said:

There have been so many changes since I booked my cruise and all of them have removed things i was entitled to when I booked. I’m starting to get a really bad feeling about MSC before I’ve even sailed with them. I’m seriously debating on cancelling and sticking with the companies I know. Yes it’s just a few drinks this time and just a few vouchers the last time (I have deluxe) but what’s included when I book shouldn’t keep being changed. This may actually be the final straw for me. 

Hopefully NCL isn't one of your go tos as they will change way more things in a short time than what MSC has done over a long period.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, ssmea03 said:

FB_IMG_1554583909392.jpg

Venchi aside, premium says "WHOLE RANGE of coffee and hot chocolate drinks" and deluxe is worded "ALL coffee and chocolate based drinks."  I wonder if there is a meaningful difference between "whole range" and "All"?

3 hours ago, FGJones said:

Venchi aside, premium says "WHOLE RANGE of coffee and hot chocolate drinks" and deluxe is worded "ALL coffee and chocolate based drinks."  I wonder if there is a meaningful difference between "whole range" and "All"?

I would assume that ALL, including chocolate based drinks, means the drinks at Venchi like the Chocolate Martinis are included.

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I would assume that ALL, including chocolate based drinks, means the drinks at Venchi like the Chocolate Martinis are included.

Both carry the same fine print that excludes Venchi. 

4 hours ago, Fly2where said:

Premium shows "whole range", while premium plus shows "all", which is same as deluxe

Good catch. So it’s probably safe to assume “whole range” does mean something short of “all” so now I wonder what items are excluded in my Deluxe plan which uses the language “whole range” for  non-alcoholic drinks and “whole selection” for wines by the glass. 

3 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

On easy package what do coffee and chocolate delights up to $6 include?

I screen grabbed these two menu photos from the Armonia, it looks like only a couple items are over $6 but this ship does not have a Venchi bar. 

9527FA62-BCFE-4FC7-97B4-717A349CEC41.jpeg

E87FA08C-A2F7-493B-96CB-C723F74CEBEC.jpeg

Edited by FGJones