Venchi is now on the banned list!

ssmea03

5 hours ago, Fly2where said:

Premium shows "whole range", while premium plus shows "all", which is same as deluxe

Sorry ... that's not true!  Premium Plus includes Connoisseurs' Selection drinks - Deluxe does not!

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Sorry ... that's not true!  Premium Plus includes Connoisseurs' Selection drinks - Deluxe does not!

Hi,

Yes. I should made it more clear. I'm just referring the picture above describe the coffee selection...

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

FG ... I've posted already that we got all wines listed up to $14 with Deluxe - the Premium package only covers wines up to $12.

The only drinks not covered by Deluxe are in the Connoisseurs' Selection.

Oh gosh.  Thank you.  That's what happens when I post at 3 AM in my time zone (EDT).  

Do you make anything of the language choice of "Whole range" versus "all" for non-alcoholic drinks? 

52 minutes ago, FGJones said:

Do you make anything of the language choice of "Whole range" versus "all" for non-alcoholic drinks? 

It's an interesting distinction to see MSC use both terms. For me, to say there is a 'whole range' of something really means a wide range i.e. extensive, but not everything possible. The use of the word 'all' however is clearer and ought to mean what it says on the tin i.e. nothing is excluded. That would be fair enough if the term 'whole range' is used for a lesser drinks package, and 'all' for a higher drinks package.

The fact that the new premium and the old deluxe packages have broadly the same status in the drinks package hierarchy indicates to me there may be a dumbing down going on for the coffee/non-alcoholic drinks and less will be included with premium than deluxe!

Edited by hamrag

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

It's an interesting distinction to see MSC use both terms. For me, to say there is a 'whole range' of something really means a wide range i.e. extensive, but not everything possible. The use of the word 'all' however is clearer and ought to mean what it says on the tin i.e. nothing is excluded. That is why the term 'whole range' is used for the lesser drinks package, and 'all' for the higher drinks package.

They just confuse hell out of ppl. Lol...

According to wiki...

whole
/hōl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    all of; entire.
    "he spent the whole day walking"
    synonyms: entire, complete, full, total; More

1 minute ago, Fly2where said:

They just confuse hell out of ppl. Lol...

According to wiki...

whole
/hōl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    all of; entire.
    "he spent the whole day walking"
    synonyms: entire, complete, full, total; More

Please note I have edited my post, as it was less clear than I intended!

With regard to above, I would agree....but, when someone says the spent the whole day walking it generally would not mean 24 hours! To be fair, if they said they spent all day walking it still generally would not mean 24 hours.

So, yes I agree, confusion reigns!!

It really is laughable! Well said.

in Italian whole is ‘totale’ 

All is ‘Tutti’

so how many fruits does ‘tutti frutti’ gelato have in it? 

Its a good job that MSC cruises are spectacular compared to others in the same price category. 

Mark

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hamrag said:

With regard to above, I would agree....but, when someone says the spent the whole day walking it generally would not mean 24 hours! To be fair, if they said they spent all day walking it still generally would not mean 24 hours.

🙂

Without seeing both "whole" and "all" used I would have thought "whole" meant "entire" or "all" and it does sound like the Deluxe plan includes ALL non-alcoholic drinks and yet they use the language "whole" there.  Mind you, I'm not particularly worried as I mostly just drink water but for curiosity's sake I do wonder if they're truly making a distinction or it's more a case of two authors using different words. 

27 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Very true. It certainly does, in fact the only thing I'm clear on is that the 'whole' of me is 'all' confused 🙄🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are on Divina(YC) now for her first full lap around the Med this season, and while we were told that the Venchi gelato was not included in our package, we never got charged for it. We also ordered a chocolate martini from the bar, and had no issue there either. It's unlike our experience on Merviglia, where all things Jean Phillipe were excluded, clearly marked and followed. We might have to make another trip down and try again (the things we are willing to sacrifice for these boards lol). 

On Divina at least, the Venchi gelato is separate from the rest of the bar menu, which is simply called bar gelataria. 

Keep meaning to ask the YC director if he has anything that clarifies the drink package. Suppose we could try concierge as well. 

As far as other bars outside of the enclave, we have had no issues, to include La Luna, the mixology bar where each drink is €12.

We will check back in later if we get some more information. 

Shane and Macon

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 1:29 AM, rkacruiser said:

Forgive this question if it offends, but I am just starting to research a MSC booking.  Why does this issue cause concern?

It does not cause concern to everyone. I don't care much for chocolate or icecream, so it doesn't affect my cruise pleasure 🙂 I have the old classic package. 

On 4/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, Aloha 1 said:

I would assume that ALL, including chocolate based drinks, means the drinks at Venchi like the Chocolate Martinis are included.

Can anyone confirm??  I hope it does mean thats they are included. so why not just word it that Venchi is included int he Premium Plus package instead of using vague language?? Makes me think it might not be.  😞

6 hours ago, blueeyes_two1 said:

Can anyone confirm??  I hope it does mean thats they are included. so why not just word it that Venchi is included int he Premium Plus package instead of using vague language?? Makes me think it might not be.  😞

It clearly states that venchi, including chocolate martinis are EXCLUDED from ALL packages....that means Premium Plus also, so venchi is now chargeable for everyone no matter your status or drinks package.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

It clearly states that venchi, including chocolate martinis are EXCLUDED from ALL packages....that means Premium Plus also, so venchi is now chargeable for everyone no matter your status or drinks package.

I like your style Hamrag but unfortunately it doesn’t work with MSC. As an example it clearly states (within Europe and UK)  if you book 3 people in a cabin and cancel 1 person, they lose their deposit. Actually what happens is the person’s cruise fare  is cancelled but the deposit paid doesn’t change. That’s why people book the square YC cabins on Magnifica class ships for 3 and cancel out one person later. 

Thats why not everything MSC is straight forward and as it says! 

I'm sure you meant to say "Fantasia-class" there, Mark!  😉

It appears from various reports/reviews on here, that people have different experiences regarding what's included and what's not.  Typical MSC!  Every statement made on here should finish with YMMV.  🙄

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'm sure you meant to say "Fantasia-class" there, Mark!  😉

I couldn’t make my mind up whether to say Magnifica or Fantasia-class so messed it up lol. 

I could get a job for MSC haha

for all those new  to MSC you do get used to confusion and it’s worth it in the end.... when you get onboard 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

The one good thing from my perspective is we just been given $80 p.p obc from MSC in recompense for not now giving us the Fantastica vouchers that were offered when we booked back in January 2018.

It appears  now it wouldnt have been covered under any pkg we had booked anyway, but thanks to them giving us the obc I can go and sample venchi to my hearts content.  😁 77

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, stp_mmh5 said:

We are on Divina(YC) now for her first full lap around the Med this season, and while we were told that the Venchi gelato was not included in our package, we never got charged for it. We also ordered a chocolate martini from the bar, and had no issue there either. It's unlike our experience on Merviglia, where all things Jean Phillipe were excluded, clearly marked and followed. We might have to make another trip down and try again (the things we are willing to sacrifice for these boards lol). 

On Divina at least, the Venchi gelato is separate from the rest of the bar menu, which is simply called bar gelataria. 

Keep meaning to ask the YC director if he has anything that clarifies the drink package. Suppose we could try concierge as well. 

As far as other bars outside of the enclave, we have had no issues, to include La Luna, the mixology bar where each drink is €12.

We will check back in later if we get some more information. 

Shane and Macon

I think the fact that venichi gelato was or is included, depending in your level of package or experience on fantasia and below ships and having the venichi franchise shops on the new ships, is further adding to the confusion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I think the fact that venichi gelato was or is included, depending in your level of package or experience on fantasia and below ships and having the venichi franchise shops on the new ships, is further adding to the confusion. 

That's entirely possible, but it seems even the crew have been told that Venchi gelato is not included. Yet, we got it with no charge at all. From talking with the bar staff, they have just as hard of a time keeping up with the changes, if not harder. There was an individual I saw still using the old coupons, although I can't say with what success. So if they still have those, the old packages, the new packages, and the constant update on whether gelato is or not included based on what ship you are on, you can imagine their frustrations. 

-Shane and Macon

On 4/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, stp_mmh5 said:

That's entirely possible, but it seems even the crew have been told that Venchi gelato is not included. Yet, we got it with no charge at all.

-Shane and Macon

Has to be because of that smile!

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Can someone post or please direct me to a Venchi menu link or picture?

DD alerted me to the electronic version and I have pictures so pester me to post if I forget.  Can't say it had all drinks but for sure those unique to Venchi.