Silk harvest ordering

Stevedz313

Hello, we will be on the equinox in October for our honeymoon. I'm looking to book the silk harvest for a first night dinner. How does the menu work? Do you order an app and a meal for each person? Or can we order several appetizers and entrees? When we normally eat Asian food, we like to get several different items for each of us and try them all. 

I would say, best recollection, you can pretty much order whatever you want in whatever order you want.  That said, if you really like and know quality Asian food, you may find SH to be not so interesting (I know there isn't much Asian in Palm Coast -- I winter in Flagler Beach which is where I am now; if I've missed something, let me know).  Personally, I'm very much into any and all  Asian and no longer even consider going to SH. It's a very poor representation of Asian food.  Sushi on Five is actually much better.  Hint: if you wait until on board and negotiate a little you will probably be able to dine at any of the Specialties for a discount.  Even SonF, which has an a la carte menu, sometimes offers a very attractive AYCE deal for cheap if you ask, even tho they say they don't.

You can order whatever you want, including half portions. For a group of 4, we ordered every item on the menu except for maybe 2-3 dishes. The half portions were still plenty for every to have a taste and definitely not go away hungry. 

With that said, all signs point to Silk Harvest being eliminated during the dry dock in May so I doubt you will be dining there. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can order whatever you want, including half portions. For a group of 4, we ordered every item on the menu except for maybe 2-3 dishes. The half portions were still plenty for every to have a taste and definitely not go away hungry. 

With that said, all signs point to Silk Harvest being eliminated during the dry dock in May so I doubt you will be dining there. 

Is there any info on what will replace it?  Usually every ship has either Qsine or SH.  Qsine is way better in my book so if that's what they do it would be an improvement in my book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jan-n-john said:

Is there any info on what will replace it?  Usually every ship has either Qsine or SH.  Qsine is way better in my book so if that's what they do it would be an improvement in my book.

Based on this - LePetit Chef will be fleet wide.

1702195038_ScreenShot2019-03-18at12_12_37PM.thumb.png.9a763e97622d23a4086711233893bc78.png

Thanks for that.  Very useful information.  It appears SH/Qsine as we know them are toast and will be replaced fully by Le Petit Chef.  Grand Bistro and something called Qsine (the new Qsine???) are mixed in to LPC.  We recently sailed on Edge and did dine at LPC, which is the evening incarnation of Grand Bistro.  I didn't even notice that some sort of new "Qsine" was mixed in there as well, so I'm stumped as to just what that is or how it relates to the old Qsine if at all.  Have to do some further checking.

I'll add that my reaction to LPC is similar to others.  It's cute one time, maybe even a second time on a future trip, but it's hard for me to see how most folks will be interested in going there more than that.  The menu is basically fixed (since for it to fully work you have to be having the same dishes as "prepared" by the animated characters ).  There are very limited alternatives  essentially only for those with particular food allergies and so on.  So we'll see what the future holds for LPC.  Of course over time they could change the animation to have new dishes, but even so the concept would seem to age rather quickly.  I find it odd that Celebrity has gone head first so deeply into it.

Returning to the OP, yes it looks like it's LPC or bust.  No SH.

9 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Based on this - LePetit Chef will be fleet wide.

1702195038_ScreenShot2019-03-18at12_12_37PM.thumb.png.9a763e97622d23a4086711233893bc78.png

Not necessarily  going to happen.  we were on Millennium  in Feb just after she came out of the refit and Qsine was not converted to LPC.  I understand the conversion did not occur on Summit  either.

6 hours ago, jan-n-john said:

Thanks for that.  Very useful information.  It appears SH/Qsine as we know them are toast and will be replaced fully by Le Petit Chef.  Grand Bistro and something called Qsine (the new Qsine???) are mixed in to LPC.  We recently sailed on Edge and did dine at LPC, which is the evening incarnation of Grand Bistro.  I didn't even notice that some sort of new "Qsine" was mixed in there as well, so I'm stumped as to just what that is or how it relates to the old Qsine if at all.  Have to do some further checking.

I'll add that my reaction to LPC is similar to others.  It's cute one time, maybe even a second time on a future trip, but it's hard for me to see how most folks will be interested in going there more than that.  The menu is basically fixed (since for it to fully work you have to be having the same dishes as "prepared" by the animated characters ).  There are very limited alternatives  essentially only for those with particular food allergies and so on.  So we'll see what the future holds for LPC.  Of course over time they could change the animation to have new dishes, but even so the concept would seem to age rather quickly.  I find it odd that Celebrity has gone head first so deeply into it.

Returning to the OP, yes it looks like it's LPC or bust.  No SH.

We felt the same about Qsine, I would much rather they had another upmarket speciality restaurant like Murano. Maybe a top quality seafood restaurant.

15 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

Not necessarily  going to happen.  we were on Millennium  in Feb just after she came out of the refit and Qsine was not converted to LPC.  I understand the conversion did not occur on Summit  either.

Maybe they are rethinking LPC as an ongoing specialty dining option. I've heard a lot of people say it's one-and-done for them. Even if they like it, people don't seem to want to repeat it like you would other specialty dining.