Price drop....after Final Payment date...

10 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

Sort of, yes, but this forum is full of people saying that they did get something.  I guess that they could be making it up.

Don't sweat it, on two of my cruises the price dropped $200-$300 after final payment. My wife and I never got a thing. 

19 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

On my upcoming cruise on Dawn I was able to get a free "upgrade" from inside to OV due to price drop after final payment. i was told by rep that this was a one time allowance and that no further upgrades will be issued.  Going forward unless I'm sailing on a high demand holiday cruise such as NYE I'm going to book 30-45 days out.. Lower fares and still decent midship locations. No more booking 1+ years in advance. !!

I totally agree with you on booking last minute!  The only problem could be the airfare as I have to fly from Dallas but I do have miles I could use so that is a possibility.  I have learned my lesson as well on booking so early so for my next cruise it will be last minute.

17 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

My problem was that I had no opportunity to ask. Let NCL tell me no, not the person that is supposedly working for me. 

Did you use an actual TA or through a second party like Cr..ses.com..

Get your TA’s supervisor involved to call NCL for you.. Squeaky wheel gets the oils!!!

Good Luck!!!

So...you can call or not.  We are human...and curious....It would be better if we never checked...but we do.  This is all part of the wonderful torture called booking early.  We always find things to worry about (especially me).  We always want to make sure things are fair (me too).  Wouldn't it  be great if they put a cookie in your computer that would completely block out the price of your cabin after you book and only show you what it would cost to upgrade before bidding became available?  I would have fewer wrinkles....lol  The best part is that we are going on an amazing trip that part of the world can only dream about...How lucky are we?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Did you use an actual TA or through a second party like Cr..ses.com..

Get your TA’s supervisor involved to call NCL for you.. Squeaky wheel gets the oils!!!

Good Luck!!!

An actual travel agent.  A large company that agents buy franchises from.  I called the company and talked to a customer service person.  She said that she would talk to my agent and get back to me.  She never did.

Same happened to me today, it's been 4 years since I cruised with NCL and when this happened last time around, they gave me 100% of the difference in OBC.  This time I was on hold for 15 minutes before my rep came back and said the most they can offer is $40 as a one time deal because I booked BX (and the fare has dropped a good $200!).  I asked about paying to upgrade, if they can offer any perks vs. credit (like specialty dining), all the tricks I knew - and $40 was the bottom line.  Last year when we cruised Royal Carribean they gave us 125% in OBC within minutes.  I was shocked at NCL's policy change - but something is better than nothing!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bumping up an old thread, here is the formula they use. I just got off the phone with them. Booked the cruise 90 days from sailing, now 26 days before sailing, price dropped significantly.

They take the price difference between the 2 first passengers. Add that together. Then offer 25% of that total in OBC.

Example.

Passenger 1 original fair = $1000

Passenger 2 original fair = $1000

Passenger 1 cheaper fair = $800

Passenger 2 cheaper fair = $800

(passengers 3,4,5 etc, do not count)

Difference is $200 per person, so $400 total. 25% of 400 is $100 of OBC.

Edit: They also look for a room upgrade, which only consists of the same room type you booked. I booked a sail away balcony, so they looked for a sail away mini suite, which of course were all already booked. So no dice, I get the OBC.

Edited by Timmay77