MSC changed our chosen cabin, please help!

travellingonMSC

We are going on our first med cruise June on the MSC Seaview.

We selected our cabin, as we wanted a high cabin on upper decks so we upgraded to the fantastica experience, we chose cabin 15205.

But we've just received an email to say that the cabin number has changed to 13024 which is 2 decks lower and not our chosen side of the ship.

Are MSC allowed to move us after we paid extra and selected a certain room? any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Edited by travellingonMSC
miss info

23 minutes ago, travellingonMSC said:

We are going on our first med cruise June on the MSC Seaview.

We selected our cabin, as we wanted a high cabin on upper decks so we upgraded to the fantastica experience, we chose cabin 15205.

But we've just received an email to say that the cabin number has changed to 13024 which is 2 decks lower and not our chosen side of the ship.

Are MSC allowed to move us after we paid extra and selected a certain room? any help or advice would be most appreciated.

I don't think anyone here can help you.  Call MSC or whomever you booked with immediately and demand your cabin back.

3 minutes ago, travellingonMSC said:

Thank you for all your replies.

13024 looks like a balcony cabin: https://www.icruise.com/cabins/msc-cruises-msc-seaview-cabin-13024.html

I have contacted Thomas Cook and MSC and they will call me back hopefully with some good news

the new cabin is a wellness grade cabin but you will not get the wellness perks as far as i know

I agree it is a balcony cabin. MSC have upgraded you to an Aurea cabin. In my opinion (but appreciate we are all different) it is a better situated cabin. It will not have the large overhang from deck 16 and therefore will get more sun on the balcony (unless you particularly wanted a shaded balcony). It will be quieter as you will have cabins above and below whereas the cabin on deck 15 will have the pool deck. Deck 16 aft is also where all the deck parties are held which can be quite noisy.

Good luck in getting it changed if that is what you prefer.

6 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

13024 is a balcony Beam on the seaview at the front  and is a wellness on the 2019 plans

15205 is at the rear

Yep ... I was typing when you posted, IL.  It's now showing as an Aurea on the plans:

967078847_ScreenShot2019-04-26at12_05_51.png.85b17ef20aa9d42f8344d3da0f622509.png

One major positive (IMHO) is that you get MyChoice dining - the only Aurea perk that comes with the cabin upgrade and which can't be purchased!

Edited by Beamafar

Just now, Beamafar said:

Yep ... I was typing when you posted, IL.  It's now showing as an Aurea on the plans:

967078847_ScreenShot2019-04-26at12_05_51.png.85b17ef20aa9d42f8344d3da0f622509.png

yep and seems they are removing the wellness from all of the ships and making them aurea

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travellingonMSC said:

ok great, after reading your comments I think we will stay in cabin 13024

Not sure if this is true on that ship, but its sister ship the Seaside has an exclusive solarium for Aurea passengers and its own bar. We personally found the Aurea experience to be a great deal and hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Not sure if this is true on that ship, but its sister ship the Seaside has an exclusive solarium for Aurea passengers and its own bar. We personally found the Aurea experience to be a great deal and hope you enjoy your cruise.

That's true if they bought the Aurea experience.  While Bea is correct that they will get the dining perk that comes with that class room, they will not have Aurea experience on their cards, so can't use the Top 19 solarium, unfortunately, or get any other normal Aurea perks.  Their cards will show as Fantastica experience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAGR said:

That's true if they bought the Aurea experience.  While Bea is correct that they will get the dining perk that comes with that class room, they will not have Aurea experience on their cards, so can't use the Top 19 solarium, unfortunately, or get any other normal Aurea perks.  Their cards will show as Fantastica experience.

I stand corrected. Go raibh maith agat, JAGR!

Just now, Beamafar said:

Maith thú, DCGuy ... you never listed Irish among your many languages!

Haha, that's because I'm not fluent. I've been studying it for years and it's quite difficult. My Japanese is actually much better than my Gaeilge. :classic_laugh: Labhraím but not very well (yet). I've been wanting for years to spend a long holiday in the Gaeltacht.

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Haha, that's because I'm not fluent. I've been studying it for years and it's quite difficult. My Japanese is actually much better than my Gaeilge. :classic_laugh: Labhraím but not very well (yet). I've been wanting for years to spend a long holiday in the Gaeltacht.

It's a stunningly beautiful, unspoilt region where, unfortunately, the language is slowly dying as young people don't want to use it.  However, it's the place to be to get a real sense of all things Irish, culturally and spiritually.

(Apologies to the OP for wandering off-topic).

Edited by Beamafar

21 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It's a stunningly beautiful, unspoilt region where, unfortunately, the language is slowly dying as young people don't want to use it.  However, it's the place to be to get a real sense of all things Irish, culturally and spiritually.

(Apologies to the OP for wandering off-topic).

Bea: I've only been to Eire once, must go again! My wife has never been so we'll have to. People there were unfailingly kind, everywhere. Saw Dublin, County Kerry, County Clare, Dingle, Kildare (where my great-great-grandfather was from), such good memories. More to come, hopefully.

Yes, apologies to the OP. I'm very excited to hear what the impressions of the Seaview are. I think it's nice he/she was upgraded to an Aurea balcony. Who knows, maybe MSC will offer a discount on the actual Aurea package with all of the perks. (back on topic now)

• Like 1

Unfortunately MSC doesn't offer that opportunity, DCG.  I, too, am interested in hearing about Seaview experiences;  we're booked on her for Aug/Sept.  Really looking forward to sailing on such a different style ship to the regular MSC ones.

No offence, IL, but I reckon that Seaview (in the Med) will be a different experience from Seaside (in CS).  I'm hoping to see drinks and food menus from Seaview (which will differ from those on Seaside).  However, I do 'get' what you mean (assuming that you mean that you, too, will be sailing a different style ship).

I do hope that you enjoy your time onboard Seaside;  I'm looking forward to doing another US-based sailing in October (on Meraviglia).

Edited by Beamafar