Explorer 1012 Photos

flyers

Thanks for posting the photos.  I believe that 1012 is now an Explorer suite (originally sold as a Seven Seas Suite).  It clearly shows how "open" this suite is compared to the PH suite (of course, it is more pricey as well).  There are also Explorer suites on deck 9 (which are likely more quiet).

Did you hear much noise from the pool deck?  From the deck plan it seems that you may not have been below the noisiest part of the pool deck.

Travecat2---1012 was an Explorer suite that has now become a Grand Suite see Latest Deck plans . We were not in that suite but in an Explorer suite on deck 9 and yes we did hear complaints about noise from the pool deck above from another Grand suite occupant.

NEW Deck-Plans_081718_2.pdf

Edited by flyers

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, flyers said:

Travecat2---1012 was an Explorer suite that has now become a Grand Suite see Latest Deck plans . We were not in that suite but in an Explorer suite on deck 9 and yes we did hear complaints about noise from the pool deck above from another Grand suite occupant.

NEW Deck-Plans_081718_2.pdf 5.53 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks for the explanation.  We still have the book from when Explorer was launched and do remember when Seven Seas suites with 1 1/2 baths became Grand Suites.  We will be in a Master suite on our next cruise but will be in a Splendor suite on the cruise after that.  Fortunately, it has 1 1/2 baths.  

13 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thanks for the explanation.  We still have the book from when Explorer was launched and do remember when Seven Seas suites with 1 1/2 baths became Grand Suites.  We will be in a Master suite on our next cruise but will be in a Splendor suite on the cruise after that.  Fortunately, it has 1 1/2 baths.  

Thank you for letting us know.  Did the upgrade or upsell fairy visit you yet again?

Those are beautiful suites!

1 hour ago, pdaniel said:

Thank you for letting us know.  Did the upgrade or upsell fairy visit you yet again?

Those are beautiful suites!

No upsell fairy - transatlantic cruises are priced low enough so that we can just pay for it.  And, for some unknown reason, our Explorer cruise that became a Splendor cruise and has been booked solid for 2 years was also a reasonable cost.  For us, it all has to do with the cost.  We are booking a cruise when bookings open on Wednesday and will be in a *Concierge suite (Explorer) - again - due to cost.  This morning we booked a cruise (March 2021) and decided upon a Splendor suite.  Even I don't know in advance what size suite we'll book until we make the actual booking.

*The PH suites on that cruise was affordable but my DH absolutely will not stay in a PH suite on Explorer and prefers the Concierge suite.

9 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

The PH suite looks very small.   Not much room to move around either the sitting area nor the bedroom.  I doubt we could deal with that.  Plus I think there is only one bathroom??  Photos on the other hand are lovely!

There is no bathtub (which my DH wants), the closet is tiny and yes - only one bathroom.  I would rather stay in a concierge suite than a PH suite (on Explorer only).

F Superior Suites are significantly less expensive and have a separate bathtub and shower and a walk in closet, which the PHs oddly are lacking. We would never pay for a Penthouse Suite on any Regent ship except Mariner.

• Thanks 1

We have had PH suites on Voyager and Mariner.  You are right - those on the Mariner are extremely nice.  Not so great on the Voyager though.   Once we had a "normal" suite on the Mariner and I hated that.  It was tiny.  Also had one on Navigator which was just fine.   I don't think I could live with the "narrowness" of the Explorer PH nor could I survive without a proper closet!   (First world problems I am afraid!!)