Breakaway April 21st through 28th - a review without the fluff

slugg

22 hours ago, CozGurl said:

We were already excited about the Breakaway (even though it seems to get some bad reviews) and after your review I'm even more excited! I just love the idea of all the live music. Super cool review. Thanks a bunch!

My wife and I sailed on the Breakaway on a TA last April...12 nights!  It was awesome!  The ship has a few areas where we thought, "Hmmm...why did they do it that way?" but overall, it was a BLAST.  I think you'll be very pleased overall.

We are NOT buffet people, we generally eat in the MDR, but we had some lunches there (7 days at sea, after all) and it was one of the better buffet's we've encountered.

Cirque Dreams, from the perspective of the dining only, was just bad in every way. First of all, it's billed as a dinner-show, but it is in fact, NOT a dinner show. You eat your appetizer, entre, and dessert all well before the show starts. If this is the case, we're seriously questioning why they even serve food, because you'd be much better off getting food literally anywhere else on the ship and THEN attending this show!

Many many people will actually do that, have dinner in the MDR before or after the show because the show food has historically poor since the 'dinner show' was created on NCL.

15 minutes ago, rmurray847 said:

We are NOT buffet people, we generally eat in the MDR, but we had some lunches there (7 days at sea, after all) and it was one of the better buffet's we've encountered.

I enjoy the sea day lunches in the MDR.  My favorite lunch is popcorn shrimp, the open-faced tuna or chicken salad sandwich (they alternate) on hearty bread, and fresh fruit for dessert. 

On 4/30/2019 at 1:21 PM, slugg said:

We think it'll be very good stock footage for creating a birth control commercial.

Haven't read the rest of your review yet, but this made me snort :classic_biggrin:  We're in the Haven next January. Can't wait!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Niffernay said:

Haven't read the rest of your review yet, but this made me snort :classic_biggrin:  We're in the Haven next January. Can't wait!

Snort all you want, but we’ll be charging top dollar in licensing fees! It’s top-shelf, trashy-TV footage!

12 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Great review! The rude family in the Haven just pisses me off! I’m dumbfounded at all of the “friendly parenting” that goes on now. 

Been there, done that and you are right: rudeness is something most of us do not forget. Strangely our worst experience with rude families was on the Breakaway, but that isn't a knock on the Breakaway. In our case it was more about Spring break, a girl with her parents, she was about 12 years old and just plain rude. Her parents did nothing. I would have made sure my kids never acted that way.  The parents were not any better. 

Thank you for your review, we have never cruised NCL (been on several RC and CCL both with and without our kids) but thinking of trying the Breakaway this fall since these are ports we haven't been to and we want to try something new.  Your review definitely helped!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1