Oasis Hints and Tips Staterooms

Hello,

It has been 6 years since I have cruised with RCI May 2013 (Emerald status), and laterally have completed two Celebrity Cruises. Expecting some changes and a different line from back then, maybe not upwards, but 1st world problems and we should all be happy that we are able to cruise…

I am looking at an option for RCI on Oasis which following the boards seems to be back for her cruise on the 5th May after her repairs. Am looking at the 8th Dec out of Miami.

Have cruised Vision, Radiance (my fav ) and Voyager Class am excited by this, but maybe a little trepidation as Oasis class is huge – will either love it or not, but won’t know until I try it…

Have researched the boards and know for the most part she docks starboard, the ports will be Labedee (hopefully given the Haiti alert, any view on whether RCI would substitute this last minute if not safe of have us floating for another day ?), San Juan, St Marteen.

I don’t mind port activity once it is a beautiful port. I have options on all decks (can go 7 and 9  as well at the same price and slightly cheaper on higher decks) but from reading through deck 8 seems to be a big hit with Cruise Critic folk - thoights ??

Does anybody have experience of my shortlist, want it to be quiet, but close to being able to walk as understand elevators can be crowded.

Here is my shortlist on Deck 8 :- (based on reading through CC and hope I have done this correctly, these rooms have bed by the balcony and will all have a sofa ??)

Starboard :  8854 by Vintages

8616 ,8620,8624 (white area suspect it is kitchen of Giovanni’s ??)

Port 8210 (by central park) 8190 (Picture this), 8180 ( by Tiffany and Coach)

Tks in advance and appreciate any tips and hints S

Edited by swcruise

No hints as I will be on the sailing right before yours...just keep in mind that the ship will be  newly AMPed when you sail her.  It shouldn't make a difference for the rooms that you are considered at all though..but there may be some different features on the ship that it doesn't currently have.  Having been on an Oasis class though..deck 8 is a good location as it will have easy access to the Central Park..but if deck 9 is cheaper and you can handle a flight or two of stairs, should be just the same.  

2 hours ago, swcruise said:

Have researched the boards and know for the most part she docks starboard, the ports will be Labedee (hopefully given the Haiti alert, any view on whether RCI would substitute this last minute if not safe of have us floating for another day ?), San Juan, St Marteen.

The Haiti alerts don't apply to Labadee.  It is separated from the rest of the island by barbed wire, chain link fencing and armed guards.  

2 hours ago, swcruise said:

Hello,

It has been 6 years since I have cruised with RCI May 2013 (Emerald status), and laterally have completed two Celebrity Cruises. Expecting some changes and a different line from back then, maybe not upwards, but 1st world problems and we should all be happy that we are able to cruise…

I am looking at an option for RCI on Oasis which following the boards seems to be back for her cruise on the 5th May after her repairs. Am looking at the 8th Dec out of Miami.

Have cruised Vision, Radiance (my fav ) and Voyager Class am excited by this, but maybe a little trepidation as Oasis class is huge – will either love it or not, but won’t know until I try it…

I don’t mind port activity once it is a beautiful port. I have options on all decks (can go 7 and 9  as well at the same price and slightly cheaper on higher decks) but from reading through deck 8 seems to be a big hit with Cruise Critic folk - thoights ??

Does anybody have experience of my shortlist, want it to be quiet, but close to being able to walk as understand elevators can be crowded.

Here is my shortlist on Deck 8 :- (based on reading through CC and hope I have done this correctly, these rooms have bed by the balcony and will all have a sofa ??)

Starboard :  8854 by Vintages

8616 ,8620,8624 (white area suspect it is kitchen of Giovanni’s ??)

Port 8210 (by central park) 8190 (Picture this), 8180 ( by Tiffany and Coach)

Tks in advance and appreciate any tips and hints S

Seaview balcony Cabin 8568 bed next to balcony.

I booked this cabin for my niece on Oasis plus I booked this cabin on Allure and twice on Harmony.

Great near central location close to elevators but no noise and a very short walk to Central park.

Edited by grapau27

Thanks all for your replies. Spoke with a very helpful RCI agent today and am all booked with oceanview balcony stateroom. Got a good deal, OBC and Voom. Am a happy bunny.

I may have more questions as I go along as CC folk know so much and are super helpful,,,

9 minutes ago, swcruise said:

Thanks all for your replies. Spoke with a very helpful RCI agent today and am all booked with oceanview balcony stateroom. Got a good deal, OBC and Voom. Am a happy bunny.

I may have more questions as I go along as CC folk know so much and are super helpful,,,

Great news I'm sure you will have a fantastic Cruise and most people will gladly pass on their experience if asked.