Carnival Splendor in Hawaii

dan4182

The weather has turned cloudy and dreary since we left Hawaii enroute to Ensanada. The roof over the main pool is closed this AM and the seas were pretty rough on Monday. I would imagine that the sun worshippers are not too happy.

On a brighter note, the mentalist and the juggler who performed in the big theatre the last two nights were pleasant surprises.

More to follow with pictures and a complete review.

Edited by dan4182
Correct typo

On 5/4/2019 at 5:43 PM, Jamman54 said:

Sorry that happened to you. The tender,  sorry, water shuttle ride was a little bumpy. We did the historical tour which was pretty good. Now sitting at the Paradise Bar & Restaurant across from the tender pier while Patti shops. Probably be on one of the last water shuttles back. 😎

My sister, Kristi and her friend Nancy were also on that tour. I'll be leaving Honolulu to join the Splendor for the 7 day Mexican Riviera the day you guys get off. We are in an Oasis suite and was wondering if there are plugs next to the bed. Have to breath on the hose to sleep.

Mahalo

On 5/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, dan4182 said:

DW and I are currently in Honolulu aboard the Splendor. We would be glad to answer any questions/concerns as time permits.

Are there power outlets next to the bed? Gotta have my Bipap machine!

Mahalo

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Are there power outlets next to the bed? Gotta have my Bipap machine!

Mahalo

There are no outlets next to the bed in our balcony stateroom.There is one 110 volt outlet next to the phone and one 220 volt European outlet (2 round, horizontal) pins directly centered under the stateroom mirror. A 12-16 foot, non-surge protected extension card would be advisable.

Hope this answers your question.

Oh well, always travel with extension cords. Hope cabin steward will bring me one on like they do on Princess if mine aren't long enough. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Mahalo

On 5/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, dan4182 said:

I have not seen any large amounts of trash in the water.

We were recently on the Legend Hawaii to Vancouver,  we saw lots and lots of trash for about 3 days in the Pacific.

As you leave Los Angeles going toward Hawaii you set your clock back 1 hour after the first day and a half, then another hour the next 2 days. You reverse the process heading back to California.