Alaska cruise radiance of the seas or millennium

2nd cruise to Alaska for my DH & I. 1st was on HAL. We were set on I Millie but now wondering on ROTS. We have only gone on 2 cruises. 1sr was  New Amsterdam & Summit. 

If if you have sailed on both what are the pros & cons any specific to Alaska?

The  itinerary is the same starting in Vancouver and ending in Anchorage. Sailing inside passage. We are definitely booking a veranda and maybe Aqua class if we go Celebrity. 

Good service & helpfull staff is extremely important to us. We also enjoy food. I’m a vegan but my husband is an omnivore. Were usually in bed by 11 so nightlife is not that important to us. We enjoy going to shows. 

Thanks for any help

You really can't go wrong on either ship. The Millie has undergone a recent refurbishment, and if you're leanibg toward Aqua Class, RCCL has nothing comparable. Depending on price, I would probably pick the Millenium.

The excursions are expensive in Alaska especially the ones we want to go on so we will probably skip Aqua class.

Right now we book cabin 8038 on Millie since everything else is taken on Starboard midship & Aft for our cruise 8 & up.

7 has a few midship cabins but there not desireable.

Still pondering ROTS & Aqua or CC to get a better location.

l took the Millenium to Alaska about five years ago.  I took Radiance two years ago.  Millenium was much better in my mind.

I thought food on Radiance was way below average and I found it nearly impossible to find a quiet place on the ship to read.

I'm sure lots of things have changed since I was on either ship. 

Frankly, if the prices (single supplement) and itineraries were more to my liking (Seward to Vancouver, with a must stop in Icy Strait), I would go with Holland due to the overall quality and, importantly, the walking track on the promenade deck. 

Edited by quack2
typo
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 10:42 PM, quack2 said:

l took the Millenium to Alaska about five years ago.  I took Radiance two years ago.  Millenium was much better in my mind.

I thought food on Radiance was way below average and I found it nearly impossible to find a quiet place on the ship to read.

I'm sure lots of things have changed since I was on either ship. 

Frankly, if the prices (single supplement) and itineraries were more to my liking (Seward to Vancouver, with a must stop in Icy Strait), I would go with Holland due to the overall quality and, importantly, the walking track on the promenade deck. 

If HAL had the trip on the Kongisidam or the  statendam we would have gone with them. We loved the service on HAL & the food. But HAL isn't going to icy point & my DH has decided he wants to go there. I was skeptical thinking it was a cruise owned pit stop until I read up on the area. Now I'm glad we are going there.

• Like 1

While I have very fond memories on Radiance of the sea. Millie is very much the same ship as your Summit ship. But Millie just went through a major just refit. My vote Celebrity Millie.

• Like 1

We decided on Millie. We booked an Aqua class cabin on deck 11. Since we were just on the Summit we didn't want to go back on it's twin. Lol we still went Millie ROTS was higher for verenda if you counted in the perks you paid to get with X. 

Now I have to decide if I'm going to keep my cabin 1103.

• Like 1