HAL's Early Booking Bonus - is it still on?

grayjay

We are considering another Holland America cruise for November 2020 to South America. I tried to find out if HAL's early booking bonus is still existing as a promotion  - I recently read on CC about either a beverage package + PG dinner or pre-paid gratuities, depending on the cruise.

HAL's website is absolutely useless because it never gives an answer to that kind of question. My travel agent didn't know or didn't say. I never get e-mails from Holland America, either , even though I have tried to subscribe many times.

So perhaps somebody on this board can help. It would be interesting to know if an early booking promo does exist and if possible in which countries, as quite often the Australian, American or European markets get different promos and pricing.

Thank you.

According to the terms and conditions, the Early Booking Bonus ends on May 31/19.

I did check the two cruises in Nov/20 in South America and they both qualify for the EBB.  Hopefully someone else can help with the other countries question; I'm sorry I can't.

Hope that helps!

39 minutes ago, grayjay said:

I recently read on CC about either a beverage package + PG dinner or pre-paid gratuities, depending on the cruise.

There are two promotions currently running. The "early booking bonus" is the signature beverage package and Pinnacle dinner. The "pack these values" is the free gratuities. As AQ said, the early booking deal ends May 31. The pack these values ends May 15th. 

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

There are two promotions currently running. The "early booking bonus" is the signature beverage package and Pinnacle dinner. The "pack these values" is the free gratuities. As AQ said, the early booking deal ends May 31. The pack these values ends May 15th. 

In general "Pack these values" applies to 2019 sailings, whilst "Early Booking Bonus" applies to 2020/21 sailings.  That said not all prices combine with the offers - agency group discounts, Saver Fares, Flash Fares, etc may not come with either promo.

We booked a Rotterdam 29 day cruise for Oct 3, 2020 while onboard the Eurodam in March.  The FCC told us that the Early Booking Bonus (SBP and PG dinner) would run through May 31.   

This is, unlike Explore-4, a great deal.  Usually with Explore-4, when it is applied to cruises, the price of the cruise goes up almost the same amount as the cost of the SBP.   

I have been watching this Rotterdam cruise for months, and intended to book while onboard to get the reduced deposit and double cabin credits.   The price of this cruise for a Lanai cabin in December 2018 was $4499 P/P and has been at that price for months before.   When i booked onboard, the FCC told me that I had the SBP included.   I immediately got suspicious and asked the price.  She said it was $4499.   I was amazed.  I got the SBP for 29 days which would cost $1499.10 P/P.    Pretty good deal !!  This reduces the cost of a 29 day cruise in a Lanai cabin to $3000 if I was to buy the SBP.

Edited by TAD2005