Disembarking in Civitavecchia

7 minutes ago, DakotaDisneyLover said:

We got off the Epic on May 29th. We had an 11:15 am flight out of Rome. I hired a car to pick us up from the port and take us to the airport, it worked great! We walked our luggage off the ship and the driver was waiting at 7:30 am as arranged. We had plenty of time for our flight. Yes, more expensive than taking the train, but hassle free and so worth it. There were 3 of us. 

Can I ask how much it was for the car to the airport?  We do not cruise until next year, but it would be helpful to get an idea of cost.  We plan to stay overnight at the Marriott Park Hotel Rome the first night back, then fly out the next day.

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Can I ask how much it was for the car to the airport?  We do not cruise until next year, but it would be helpful to get an idea of cost.  We plan to stay overnight at the Marriott Park Hotel Rome the first night back, then fly out the next day.

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

We used Civitavecchia Cab Service, and it was 129 euros in cash to the driver. You can google them for their website. They picked us up right beside the ship and dropped us off at our terminal in Rome. In a Mercedes Benz sedan 😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

How will I know which berth, Epic is in when I embark in Civitavecchia? Is it just a case of going to one of the port information booths and asking?

If it ends up docking in berth 25, can you walk to there from the railway station and how long would it take?

In response to my own questions but putting it here in case anyone else needs it. I contacted Port Mobility in Civitavecchia who have been really helpful to answer any questions - redazioneweb@portmobility.it 

Pier/Dock 25 is too far to walk to the railway station and at times there's no pedestrian pathway so they advise you to take the free shuttle bus.

I asked Port Mobility about which pier/dock, Epic should be in, and for the dates I have provided to them, they have told me where they expect the ship to be both for embarking and disembarking (obviously can change but they have a good idea).

1 hour ago, phoenix1975 said:

I asked Port Mobility about which pier/dock, Epic should be in, and for the dates I have provided to them, they have told me where they expect the ship to be both for embarking and disembarking (obviously can change but they have a good idea).

phoenix 1975, just curious as to which dates you asked them about? I am boarding the Epic myself on July 24th and disembarking at 6.00am on 31st July. Normally the Epic docks at piers 10 to 13 but yesterday it was at pier 25.

22 minutes ago, doghouse09 said:

I have called NCL and the shuttle costs £48pp and the earliest flight they recommend booking is12 noon. 

Interesting that they said £48. The NCL web site shows $60 but NCL have a very strange exchange rate which comes out at £61.!! I felt that £122 for transfers both ways was far too much and have decided on a train from Rome airport to Trastevere at €8 and then a train from there to Civitavecchia for €4.80