Spotlights on Public Broadcasting

We were on the same cruise as DaveFr and his lovely wife in February and it was an "Artful Traveler" cruise.  It was our second cruise of this type and we loved it.  Of course, it would depend upon the main topic of the cruise and this one is not the same topic as our cruise.  The lecturers, performers (when applicable), cocktail parties, dinners with speakers, etc. are excellent.  It is open to anyone that is interested.  You can sign up (for the cocktail parties, etc.) through your TA prior to your cruise or once you get onboard.

Obviously I highly recommend the Artful Traveler cruises.

Edited by Travelcat2

I think these are newish, these Artful cruises.  But Spotlight cruises go way back; not sure that the word means the same as it did 15 years ago.  We did do a PBS-highighted cruise perhaps 10 years ago, and the lecturers were good, Gwen Ifill as I remember was one.  But it was mainly a pitch for donations to PBS, hoping we would all remember them in our wills.

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, Got2Cruise said:

I’m interested in the May 4 2020 cruise on the Explorer. The fine print mentions Spotlights on Public Broadcasting. Does anyone have information what this refers to? 

We booked that cruise.......you need to make sure your TA includes the right coding if you want to be kept informed.  No charge...looks interesting!  I think the programs are on the 4 great wars.....

• Like 1