May 25th, 2019 Symphony of the Seas --- Going to Coco Cay!

13 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Those prices are NUTS.

I paid $81 for full day and zip line package (Breaks down to WP $47 & ZL $34).

And from what I am reading that is high too. I am probably going to cancel that anyway due to my 15 & 16 year old need an adult to enter the WP. And that along is $59.

You want to talk about nuts?

Over the water bungalows: $950-$1,600. And that's just for a day.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8685

2 hours ago, geoffinjersey said:

I'm on the same cruise.  I wonder what the lines are going to look like now??? And do I get to keep the Cabana that i booked in June? Going to be interesting.

Were they showing as sold out recently?  It could be there are enough for those that wanted to have them. 

Hopefully if they are short some already sold cabanas, they'd be fair about it.  Those that booked first, between both ships, get the cabanas and those that booked later and can't get a spot will be offered cabanas in other locations or beach beds for a reduced price etc.

I'm curious about cabana assignments with multiple ships, would assume first to reserve get the better ones.  They can't really be using a paper copy to pick your cabana when board anymore (if more than one ship).

FYI that either the South Beach Cabana listing may have been premature, no longer listed, or they were all snapped up b/c they were the cheapest cabanas at 399.

There are only 8 Coco Cay shore excursions listed.

15 minutes ago, SAmome said:

FYI that either the South Beach Cabana listing may have been premature, no longer listed, or they were all snapped up b/c they were the cheapest cabanas at 399.

I have (had?) an Oasis Lagoon Cabana. It is now listed on my calendar as a Nassau Shore Excursion not Coco Cay (I love the RCCL Website)!!!  😁

7 hours ago, SAmome said:

The 3 night Symphony sailing was pretty expensive, rates increased relatively quickly toward what one might hope to spend on a 7 night.  They might want to see if the relative affluence of this particular sailing means they don't need to discount.

I wonder if some of this is due to the large group (over 1500 people last I heard) booked on this sailing. We booked in advance , aboard our last cruise (about 14 months before this one) and thought the price wasn't too bad.

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Will South Beach be open? Is it open?

1 hour ago, alevyinroc said:

I wonder if some of this is due to the large group (over 1500 people last I heard) booked on this sailing. We booked in advance , aboard our last cruise (about 14 months before this one) and thought the price wasn't too bad.

With this big group of people I can only imagine how many pool chairs will be "hogged" at CocoCay. 

18 hours ago, MightyMike said:

We are witnessing the future of cruising. 

No more exotic ports of call. No more witness to poverty. No more interaction with other cultures. No more rustic bathrooms.

Instead, everything is engineered to please our tastes--clean and sterile--the island equivalent of Disney World. Tropical ports are presented to us not as they are, but rather for how we imagine them to be. The bathrooms are spotless. The sand is soft. Bugs and pests are controlled.

It seems to be what consumers want. Given the prices people are gladly paying, I'd say the investment is paying off.

Personally, I might stay on the boat at Coco Cay. "Perfect Day" feels too much like an illusion to me.

Well said. 

On 5/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, dreadpirate3 said:

Not until December.

Nice reviews lately, looking forward to a nice day on Chill Island.

See, that's the thing that is poorly communicated. I was able to book a beach bed on South Beach for 8/26/19.

Beach Beds are gone on the planner, but Beach Bungalows are still available.

I read on a Cococay Facebook group that their Beach Bungalow for June was canceled.

So it makes me wonder why and are they getting around to canceling them.

I called and they said it would remain open until December, but the new features wouldn't open until then.

I hope to read back some good reports that South Beach is in good order.