Clamshell chairs Mahogany bay

Greg901

If we purchase the RELAX ON THE BEACH PLUS KAYAK PACKAGE on Mahogany bay  it said it is for two people but could we let others in our group use the kayak  and floats. And rotate people  into the chairs. I know only the two can use the chair lifts. 

Thanks

When I was there in December it looked like you rented it and could do what you want with it for the time you had it.  I did not do this so it's just what it seemed to me.  I hope someone will come on here that can answer better than I.

15 hours ago, Greg901 said:

If we purchase the RELAX ON THE BEACH PLUS KAYAK PACKAGE on Mahogany bay  it said it is for two people but could we let others in our group use the kayak  and floats. And rotate people  into the chairs. I know only the two can use the chair lifts. 

Thanks

Correct. They only care about the chair lift part. We just bought our son a tix for the chairlift too, more bc he thought it was cool, the walk isn't bad at all. Make sure to prop up the back of the clam shell for a breeze as it can be hot!! Also, no need to wait in the huge line at the rental hut, just walk over to the clam shells and there are plenty of workers who will find you a clam shell. We asked for a 3rd chair (as they are free) and our guy offered us the first row on the beach with an umbrella instead. It worked out great. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

Correct. They only care about the chair lift part. We just bought our son a tix for the chairlift too, more bc he thought it was cool, the walk isn't bad at all.

The walk is usually faster since the chair ride tends to stop every minute or so, at least every time we have visited there. However, we always do the chair ride there since it is a great way to view the scenery and take pictures. 

Thanks for the reply. Do they sell out fast. should I buy before we cruise  or can we wait and get it while we are on board and use are OBC. Also if we get 2 will they be next to each other if we ask.

4 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

Correct. They only care about the chair lift part. We just bought our son a tix for the chairlift too, more bc he thought it was cool, the walk isn't bad at all. Make sure to prop up the back of the clam shell for a breeze as it can be hot!! Also, no need to wait in the huge line at the rental hut, just walk over to the clam shells and there are plenty of workers who will find you a clam shell. We asked for a 3rd chair (as they are free) and our guy offered us the first row on the beach with an umbrella instead. It worked out great. 

Ok. I booked the package for my hubby and myself, but we will be traveling with our daughter, SIL, and 3 grandchildren. So they can pull free loungers over to be near us? And I can let the kids use the two floats? 

27 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Ok. I booked the package for my hubby and myself, but we will be traveling with our daughter, SIL, and 3 grandchildren. So they can pull free loungers over to be near us? And I can let the kids use the two floats? 

The kids can for sure use the floats.  One extra chair would fit but not that many. When I was there the clam shells were all lined up very close in rows.  If they would allow you maybe move the clam shell to a less packed in area with enough seats.

19 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

The kids can for sure use the floats.  One extra chair would fit but not that many. When I was there the clam shells were all lined up very close in rows.  If they would allow you maybe move the clam shell to a less packed in area with enough seats.

Thank you! I will try to convince my daughter to book one as well. 

If you have a large group, could you all chip in and get a cabana? We had one at Mahogany Bay and it was wonderful. Four floats, four beach chairs [two in the sun, two on the porch], plus an inside area that had AC and a frig. It's one price for the whole thing - I think $200, but I am not positive. 

14 hours ago, Greg901 said:

Thanks for the reply. Do they sell out fast. should I buy before we cruise  or can we wait and get it while we are on board and use are OBC. Also if we get 2 will they be next to each other if we ask.

You should be able to be set up together no problem. I can't say about them selling out. I got mine beforehand when a 20% off excursion special was running. 

11 hours ago, panoramaofthepast said:

If you have a large group, could you all chip in and get a cabana? We had one at Mahogany Bay and it was wonderful. Four floats, four beach chairs [two in the sun, two on the porch], plus an inside area that had AC and a frig. It's one price for the whole thing - I think $200, but I am not positive. 

I have not priced cabanas in Mahogany Bay, but I know in HMC, the cheapest is $359. That will not happen, as half of that for us would be $179.50. Not sure I could sneak that cost by my hubby, as he will most likely have a fit that I paid $64 for the clamshell, 2 loungers, 2 floats, and tickets for chair lift. He is generally of the mind that those things are free, so if we don’t find them free on a beach, we usually don’t stay long, if at all. This time, I bought the clamshells prior to cruise. 

20 hours ago, panoramaofthepast said:

Do you remember where you booked this? Did you do it on ship? In port? Maybe on the site prior to your cruise? My family is looking for this kind of option.

Joe

4 hours ago, JoeU said:

Do you remember where you booked this? Did you do it on ship? In port? Maybe on the site prior to your cruise? My family is looking for this kind of option.

Joe

I think we were on a Princess cruise, but Carnival probably has a similar set up. Check under the excursions for your cruise and see what they offer. It was basically a separate section of the beach that only those in the cabanas could use, with bar service and food extra. We booked it on line in advance. Sometimes you have to wait until you are on board to book these. 

10 hours ago, panoramaofthepast said:

I think we were on a Princess cruise, but Carnival probably has a similar set up. Check under the excursions for your cruise and see what they offer. It was basically a separate section of the beach that only those in the cabanas could use, with bar service and food extra. We booked it on line in advance. Sometimes you have to wait until you are on board to book these. 

Yes, cabanas and even just the clamshells are both listed in excursions in your Carnival account for this port.