Millenium. New Aqua cabins

peggy1

Stayed in 1020 in April this year. No noise from above.  Some crew doors are nearby and they auto close very hard, so you will hear those from time to time while the room stewards are hard at work.  The balcony cover is just the standard cover from the deck above. No overhang.  Great location too next to the T-pool, spa cafe, and across the hall from the larger showers in the locker room.  Would book this cabin again with ZERO hesitation.

When is your cruise?  As Toronto Guy said these cabins are no longer classified as Aqua.  They are now 2C cabins.  I suggest you call your TA or  Celebrity depending upon who you booked with.  You need to be reassigned to a AQ cabin or have your fare adjusted for a 2C cabin.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:28 AM, jelayne said:

When is your cruise?  As Toronto Guy said these cabins are no longer classified as Aqua.  They are now 2C cabins.  I suggest you call your TA or  Celebrity depending upon who you booked with.  You need to be reassigned to a AQ cabin or have your fare adjusted for a 2C cabin.

As long as they still get access to Blu, Persian Garden and the other Aqua perks they get what they booked. It all depends on how Celebrity handle it...

Edited by Miaminice

Link to ongoing thread about this issue on Summit ( same class ship) that may be helpful..There may be another one as well ?????

Edited by hcat

On 5/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, jelayne said:

Are you talking about the cabins on Summit???  We are going to be on Millennium.  I've heard that the Summit has reclassified these cabins but I hadn't heard that about M?

1020 is not tiny at all.  I found it more than adequate for a 14 day voyage with storage space to spare.  The only thing it didn’t have was the AQ special shower.  Other than that, it was excellent all around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peggy1 said:

Are you talking about the cabins on Summit???  We are going to be on Millennium.  I've heard that the Summit has reclassified these cabins but I hadn't heard that about M?

Let us know if you  were re classified or moved?

Have a great cruise!

I found out more information on 1020 and it sounds like it is going to be good.  We go on the cruise on May 24 and it looks like it doesn't have the multi port shower in the cabin but that's not a big deal for us.  We've had it on previous cruise and really didn't use the extra ports much.  The location is very close to the T pool and Persian Garden as well as the Aqua Cafe.  I know people didn't like this cabin on Summit but the Millennium AQ looks like it will be good.  If not we will pursue it onboard.

We have cruised a lot and I rely heavily on the information found on this board for cabin selection.  We took a chance on an AQ guarantee cabin on the May 10, 2019 Millenium sailing.  At the time there were no reviews available for these cabins

For want it is worth we stayed in cabin 1004 and knew the person who stayed in 1014.  Our experiences were similar.  The cabins were on the size of the Oceanview cabins, not what was expected from an A1 cabin.  Even the bathrooms were somewhat smaller in size. Thankfully  the grabbing shower curtain was gone.  The balcony was also noticeably smaller--the chairs needed to be placed at an angle to be able to get to them to sit in. The worst thing was the noise from the Cosmo lounge upstairs.  It began around 10:00 pm and would continue until 1-2 am every night--didn't know silent disco could have so much noise.  One night it was loud enough we could sing along with the lyrics of the song being played.  

With cabin 1020 being located closer to the elevators I would think it would not have as much noise from upstairs.

Was very glad to see X reclassified these cabins, just wish they would advise people why they were reclassified as a lot of 2C cabins are excellent cabins.