AARP Carnival Cards

Hi all. In the past i've purchased the carnival gift cards from AARP for the 10% discount. Last year i was able to have "digital cards" sent via email. For the last few months I've only seen physical cards which have to be delivered (and cost a shipping fee). Am i just missing the digital option (i know some things come and go) or have they gone to exclusively physical card options?

30 minutes ago, thomaslee086 said:

Hi all. In the past i've purchased the carnival gift cards from AARP for the 10% discount. Last year i was able to have "digital cards" sent via email. For the last few months I've only seen physical cards which have to be delivered (and cost a shipping fee). Am i just missing the digital option (i know some things come and go) or have they gone to exclusively physical card options?

I snagged ONE e-card about two months ago, but haven't seen them back since!

21 minutes ago, cmichael1279 said:

I snagged ONE e-card about two months ago, but haven't seen them back since!

Are you sure about the two months ago timing? There was a post here last Summer (and darned if I can find it now) with a link that stated AARP had discontinued the e-cards and I've never seen them offered since. Perhaps others can correct me but I'm quite sure it's been nearly a year since only the physical cards have been available. Maybe it was on Newegg that you got your e-card?

Edited by joepeka

4 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Are you sure about the two months ago timing? There was a post here last Summer (and darned if I can find it now) with a link that stated AARP had discontinued the e-cards and I've never seen them offered since. Perhaps others can correct me but I'm quite sure it's been nearly a year since only the physical cards have been available. Maybe it was on Newegg that you got your e-card?

Yup, it was on AARP, used it to pay for part of a cruise.  Looking at the receipt now, March 27th.  Bought 5 of the $100 e-cards

Just now, cmichael1279 said:

Yup, it was on AARP, used it to pay for part of a cruise.  Looking at the receipt now, March 27th.  Bought 5 of the $100 e-cards

Wow, that is good to know. I think you may be the first person on this forum to report e-card availability with AARP since last year. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, joepeka said:

Wow, that is good to know. I think you may be the first person on this forum to report e-card availability with AARP since last year. :classic_smile:

I haven't seen them since!  Looked just about every day!  We're heading out on the Horizon next weekend and I was looking to snag a few more for gambling purposes! 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cmichael1279 said:

I haven't seen them since!  Looked just about every day!  We're heading out on the Horizon next weekend and I was looking to snag a few more for gambling purposes! 🙂

Same here, snagged 5 of the $100 E-cards via AARP about 2 months ago and haven't seen them since.  To be precise, I just checked my cruise manager and the last time I made any payments was 3/31/19.  I had them for about a week before applying them.  But they were definitely E-cards.

9 hours ago, Tuckers_Mom said:

Is there a limit to the number of cards, or value of cards purchased per day?

As long as you have earned the points for the purchase I do not believe there is a limit.

The physical card arrives in less than a week and the shipping fee is 59 cents.

10 hours ago, Tuckers_Mom said:

Is there a limit to the number of cards, or value of cards purchased per day?

Used to be five $100 cards or two $500 card limits, but I recently bought four $500 cards.  Rules keep changing I guess.