Liquor Brands

pete_coach

I realize that there are 2 drink packages. One is for drinks up to $11 and the other is for drinks up to $15.What brands are in the packages? Meaning is Smirinof vodka in the $11 package but Grey Goose int eh $15 package? Is Remy Martin VS Cognac in the $11 package and Remy Martin VSOP in the $15 package? Those were just examples but there are different Scotch's, Tequilas and Bourbons too.

Is there a list of the brands and what package they belong to somewhere?

A little searching/looking around the board would reveal many threads on the drink packages. Many of them include this link to Bar menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

Which gives you all sorts of info and drinks, brands and prices.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little searching/looking around the board would reveal many threads on the drink packages. Many of them include this link to Bar menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

Which gives you all sorts of info and drinks, brands and prices.

I did a search and that is the reason I posted. I have seen those photos of the drink menus at various bars on the ship.

I m not sure if you did  not understand the question or if you did not look at the link you posted.

I asked what brands of liquor constitute a Signature, $11 and under package and which belong in the Elite $15 and under package.

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

I did a search and that is the reason I posted. I have seen those photos of the drink menus at various bars on the ship.

I m not sure if you did  not understand the question or if you did not look at the link you posted.

I asked what brands of liquor constitute a Signature, $11 and under package and which belong in the Elite $15 and under package.

I definitely looked at what I posted, as we will be boarding in a couple of days, and have a beverage plan.

If you select the Crow's Nest menu, click on it to enlarge, then roll down, you will see a liquor price list. I see, for example, 10 vodkas that fit the Signature Beverage plan. 6 gins. 13 rums. And so on.

I most definitely did my research. Did you?

I've had both beverage packages. In my opinion, the biggest difference between them is in the wines-by-the-glass offerings. My wife and I drink martinis or Manhattans before dinner in the Ocean Bar, and then a glass or two of wine each in the MDR (and occasionally an after-dinner drink). Even with the Signature (basic) package, we were always able to get our preferred brands of hard liquor (Tanqueray, Maker's Mark, Tito's), but we felt the wine choices were pretty weak with that package. Our most recent cruise was 30 nights on the Volendam, and we sprung for the Elite package solely because of the wines. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it to us. But if you're not much of a wine drinker you'll probably be perfectly happy with the Signature package.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I definitely looked at what I posted, as we will be boarding in a couple of days, and have a beverage plan.

If you select the Crow's Nest menu, click on it to enlarge, then roll down, you will see a liquor price list. I see, for example, 10 vodkas that fit the Signature Beverage plan. 6 gins. 13 rums. And so on.

I most definitely did my research. Did you?

Yes I did and found on other cruise lines they have lists like this:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/modal/classic-beverage-package-modal

and

https://www.celebritycruises.com/modal/premium-beverage-package-modal

Quite clear, simple and easy to understand without looking at every bar menu on the ship and what I wanted to see form Holland America.

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

Does this help?

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

Roger's (@Crew News) website is a fantastic resource for HAL cruisers!

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. It is an older one (Signature is up to $9 whereas it is now up to $11) Thank you very much. 🙂 👍

Edited by pete_coach