Studio cabin on the Epic

I have just booked a 7 day cruise on the Epic sailing from Rome on 24th July in studio cabin 11510. This is the first time I have ever cruised alone having recently split up with my Wife. I am a little wary about a solo cruise and would love to know of other solo cruisers who have been in a studio on the Epic. Are there any tips that would be useful to be aware of. Any help would would be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

I have just booked a 7 day cruise on the Epic sailing from Rome on 24th July in studio cabin 11510. This is the first time I have ever cruised alone having recently split up with my Wife. I am a little wary about a solo cruise and would love to know of other solo cruisers who have been in a studio on the Epic. Are there any tips that would be useful to be aware of. Any help would would be appreciated.

The key is being confident and happy traveling solo. Enjoy the ports, drinks, listening to music, watching the sea go by. The studio cabin isn't to bad but to small to use it for anything else than taking a shower and sleeping. The lounge is okay if you like specialty coffee but otherwise rather useless the times a was on ships with studio lounges. No outside view so no reason to stay there while being on a ship.

Go to the solo meet ups the first 2 nights if you would like to meet people to have dinner with...you can decide after that if you want to continue with the meet ups or possibly have met others and have made your own plans. 

• Like 1

The studio cabins are very nice.  I predict you will like yours--and the studio lounge as well.  The lounge meet-ups are a good place to start, but bear in mind you can ask MDR hosts to sit at a sharing table, if you don't want to eat alone.  I like to read while eating in the specialty restaurants solo, so I bring a Kindle loaded with a few books.  I also sit in chairs near bars to read and drink, and find it easy to strike up conversations with others. 

• Like 1

I've cruised solo three times, two of those times were in the Epic studios. I love that ship and I love the studios.

Like others have said, go to the solo gathering the first night to meet your solo coordinator and other solo travelers. The coordinator will arrange activities for the group (participation is optional, of course) as well as group dinners. Past solo coordinators I've had stayed with us until we got seated at dinner (and have even stayed with us for dinner once or twice).

I've made so many friends through the studio concept that I still keep in touch with via facebook. I love it. It is the reason I continue to cruise with NCL, even when I am not solo.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Edited by dreamr

The Epic is the best for your first solo cruise. As mentioned above, go along to the solo meetups where you'll meet others travelling solo and have the opportunity to go to dinner with a group. On my sailing the arranged solo dinner was too early for me, but by a few nights in I'd found a few others who felt the same, so we all started to arrange a 2nd meetup to go eat later. 

Also join the roll call for your sailing and if you're on that social media site that must not be named on here, have a look on there for a group for your sailing. 

Hope you have a great time. 🙂 

The studio cabins and lounge area brilliant concept! I was on the Epic for my first solo holiday, at Christmas, since divorcing and had an amazing time! I made friends that I keep in contact with and have booked a reunion cruise together in 2020. I thought I would end up eating alone every day but there is always someone, if that's what you want, to eat with. The first night get together had around 30 people but then afterwards there were a core group of around 10 that met for pre-dinner cocktails and then split/stayed for dinner. The group ranged in ages from 32-72 so a good mix! I'm booked to go on the Epic again next month and can't wait! 😀

• Like 1