enchantment of the seas

larasmom

10 of us were on the majesty this past december. we did not love it but we decided we wanted to get together december 06 and try crusing together again.

how is the enchantment of the seas?

we are thinking of the 4 day to cozumel and key west from ft lauderdale.

i see that the oceanview rooms are a bit larger.

but we decided we wanted balconies for some of the rooms this time.

we were thinking since there are 10 of us to get 3 balcony superior ocean view staterooms on deck 7. 4 in one room and 3 in the other 2 rooms. will there be enough room for us? i see the rooms are 190sqft.

is the 7th floor going to be noisey?

when on the majesty we had an oceanview room and it was only 127 sqft for 3 and 4 in a room.

Try to decide what you didn't love about the Majesty. Was it just the room size? Enchantment rooms are larger since Majesty and Sovereign have the smallest rooms of any of the RCI ships. Our Sovereign stateroom was 117 sf and our Enchantment was like 185 sf for the same category of stateroom. If , however, there were other things you didn't like than be sure these aren't things you will repeat on the Enchantment. I've been on Voyager class ships, Vision class ships, Sovereign class ships, and so far, Enchantment is my all-time favorite.

larasmom: We have been on both ships (although it has been 7 years since we were on Enchantment). Yes, Majesty cabins are small! If you were able to survive 4 people in a cabin on Majesty, you will have plenty of room on Enchantment. We had an OV cabin, deck 2 on Enchantment (4 in cabin), thus can't help w/ bed situation (although believe it may be a sofa bed/pulman combo vs 2 pulman beds that our OV had), but don't forget you will have balcony space to use as well.

We have been in 190 sq ft balcony cabins (on other ships) w/ 4 people (2 adults, 2 very late teens @ the time w/ pulman over the sofa) and although crowded when getting ready for dinner, it worked out fine. Not sure how you were able to survive 4 people in OV on Majesty (give you alot of credit). ;) Believe you will be much happier w/ this type cabin (we certainly like balconies much better).

Assume you are traveling w/ kids as part of your group. There will be much more for them (as well as you) to do on Enchantment than they were able to find on Majesty. In fact, we are looking at a simular cruise on Enchantment (would like to experience Enchantment after the stretch).

Bruce

on majesty we decided about 3 months before sailing to book the cruise.

there were 10 of us

my mom, my sister, my sister in law, my aunt, my 3 cousins, and 2 of my cousins college age daughters, and myself.

mind you i didn't get to do much because i came down with a stomach virus my first night in the middle of dinner and was sick until the last morning of the cruise.

we had 2 ocean view triples and an inner cabin quad on the majesty.

i didn't like the fact that in my mom's cabin the safe was broken, the phone was broken, their room smelled like urine. outside her room smelled like poop. they gave her a $50 credit for her troubles. when they asked their cabin steward for extra towels for their cabin they were questioned as to why they needed them instead of just bringing them.

two of us told the rest of the group that the only way we will ever cruise again is if we were in bigger cabins and had a balcony.

mind you majesty was my very first cruise ever and didn't leave a very good cruising taste in my mouth........and i decided since i was sick i would give cruising one last chance.

My two cents..............one is a clean shiney penny the other is a little duller but still worth the same amount. (get the symbolism here?)

Majesty too was my first cruise experience. I did have a nice time, however it wasn't everything I had thought it would be. The ship seemed a little old, dull and the stops to me weren't that great. Also, I think I may have had too high of expectations of what to expect from a cruise. I had the impression it was go go go fun fun fun and partying all day long.

After my initial cruise I agreed to give cruising another shot. So my wife and I went on ENchantment. My second cruise was much more enjoyable than the first. Enchantment is an extremely nice ship with an openness about it that I don't feel Majesty has. The bars and clubs are fun and the top deck is also very nice. Not to mention the size of the rooms. Although you hardly spend any time in them, it is nice to have a little room to move.

I have been on Enchantment 3 times now in 3 years, once post strech. They have done a wonderful job with the top deck. There is plenty of room to move about and the two pools combined with the swim zone makes for a great time.

One word of caution. Cozumel is still in ruins. Yes you can shop, yes you can find a beach for the day. However, do not go with the plans of seeing an island paradise. It doesn't exist. That being said it is still one of my favorite ports. I recommend Paradise Beach.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. I have written a couple reviews just do a search for "swollen appendages". It's not what it seems. I have one review of Enchantment and one on Sovereign. And since sovereign is the same basic ship as Majesty you will see the connections. Enjoy

I'm Clarksfan1 and I approve this message.

Larasmom- If you are looking at the Enchantment for a Dec 06 cruise you might want to check out the 12-18 cruise critc group cruise. It is 5 days and the itinerary includes Key West, Cozumel and Belize. There is a great bonus for booking this cruise. My family has booked 6 cabins on this cruise and there are several other families that are booked so far as well.

bld

thanks for the suggestion about the 12/18 cruise. only problem with that is it leaves on a monday and it is 5 days. 5 of us have elementary school aged and 3 hour a day nursery school aged kids...........that would mean our hubbies would have to take off of work for 1/2 or whole days to watch the kids.....................so it won't work for us.

but i wanted to thank you for your suggestion.

Enchantment is my favorite ship. I've sailed her 5 times... most recently this past October and August.

Enchantment was recently stretched and she looks great!! Not showing any signs of age, IMO.

The new Enchantment now has a larger outdoor pool area. There's also the rock climbing wall and bungee trampolines.

Be sure to checkout The Viking Crown Lounge late at night. It is the place to be!!! It's usually always hopping on those Caribbean cruises.

Have fun!! Of all my cruises... my Enchantment cruises are still the best ones I've taken. You just can't go wrong with that ship.

I was on both ships within the past few months and I can tell you straight up there is no comparison. The Enchantment blows away the Majesty. Its actually a tragedy to even mention the two in the same sentence. There are countless reviews of the Enchantment recently posted, do a simple search of Enchantment Review and you should learn all you need to know, including a full review I posted a week or so ago of the exact cruise you are deciding over.

We also love the Enchantment. Took her last April (2nd last before the stretch), and will again next month. Can't wait. Room great, food great, and service great. I would like to book the Enchnatment again, but don't want to do the same itinerary.

Does anyone know if they ever change the itinerary for a specific ship?

I'm glad to hear such great things about the Enchantment. I just booked for April vacation week of next year ( okay, so i like to plan ahead! ) for myself and a friend- I'm giving her the trip as a surprise 40th birthday present :) . Just a few questions- does the solarium have a retractable ceiling? Also , what night was formal night? We are on the Ocho Rios , Grand Cayman itinerary as well. Did you do any of the ship's excursions ? Thanks! :)

We just sailed on Enchantment earlier this month and had a wonderful time... she is a beautiful ship and the staff was fantastic.

Why don't you take a look at the JS category.... There was a very small price difference between a D1 and a JS on our sailing. The extra room in a JS may be especially nice with 3 or 4 in a room.

I think Enchantment is a perfect choice. Have a great time! :)

10 of us were on the majesty this past december. we did not love it but we decided we wanted to get together december 06 and try crusing together again.

how is the enchantment of the seas?

we are thinking of the 4 day to cozumel and key west from ft lauderdale.

i see that the oceanview rooms are a bit larger.

but we decided we wanted balconies for some of the rooms this time.

we were thinking since there are 10 of us to get 3 balcony superior ocean view staterooms on deck 7. 4 in one room and 3 in the other 2 rooms. will there be enough room for us? i see the rooms are 190sqft.

is the 7th floor going to be noisey?

when on the majesty we had an oceanview room and it was only 127 sqft for 3 and 4 in a room.

5 of us just sailed Enchantment 2 weeks ago in superior ocean view rooms. 2 were in cabin 7586 and 3 were in 7638. All adults. Of the 3 in 7638 two of them were over 6 ft tall and weighed over 200 lbs. They said that the space was fine other than when they all needed to get into the bathroom to get ready for dinner or a show. With the balcony there is always room for someone to sit there as well. We loved the 7th deck, no noise with little traffic. 7638 was a little further from the elevators, but not a big deal.

Were you bothered by any pool noises in your JS? Right now we're booked in a D1 on deck 7. I was thinking of doing a JS, but I'm concerned about noises coming from the pool deck.

We were in an Aft JS on Deck 8 and didn't notice any noise at all... it was very peaceful back there.

Archived