Adventure of the Seas questions

Do any recent cruisers on Adventure of the Seas know if they have Chianti by the glass included in the drink package?  Also, was there any good bars or entertainment on the ship that you enjoyed?  Is there still a chapel on board: we went on the ship years ago when they still had a priest on board but I know most lines do not have a priest and have gotten rid of the chapel.  This is our first cruise in years that Sunday is a sea day.  Thanks for any answers you have any tips for our upcoming cruise.

4 minutes ago, wineandbeach said:

Do any recent cruisers on Adventure of the Seas know if they have Chianti by the glass included in the drink package?  Also, was there any good bars or entertainment on the ship that you enjoyed?  Is there still a chapel on board: we went on the ship years ago when they still had a priest on board but I know most lines do not have a priest and have gotten rid of the chapel.  This is our first cruise in years that Sunday is a sea day.  Thanks for any answers you have any tips for our upcoming cruise.

I just finished with 4 back-to-back sailings on the Adventure.

- Can't answer your wine question, since I only drink white or champagne.

- We love the Viking Crown for the panoramic views.  The guitar player in Bolero's in the evening was a nice touch.  He moves to different venues, so check the daily planner.

- The chapel is still there, above the Viking Crown.  It's accessible by stairs from the Viking Crown area.  They also have a wheelchair lift they install when needed to get up there.  They had weddings and receptions in the Viking Crown on all four of our cruises the first day, first formal night, and first sea day.

Crew is WONDERFUL!  We loved our time on the AOS, and the service has improved since we were on her in October 2018.

43 minutes ago, wineandbeach said:

While Adventure still has the chapel (for now), Royal does not routinely provide religious services on their cruises.  If there happen to be clergy on a cruise who would like to offer services, Royal will try to make space available, but services are not generally provided.  Exceptions I've seen are some Christian observances,  some Jewish observances, and transatlantics

I don't remember seeing Chianti offered - I would have ordered it if I had.

The majority of times we sailed, there has been a priest on board that does offer  mass.  We were on Adventure May 4 and had mass daily - but it is usually just by luck.  Unfortunately the 1 time we had a sea day on a Sunday they offered a place of Christian workship and put a Joel Osteen video on - oh, well, they tried!

The Boleros and Schooner Bars had enjoyable entertainment.

Thanks for the great information - 13 days till we sail!  10 of us going for my Mom's 80th birthday cruise!  Looking forward to the Champagne bar, many ships have gotten rid of that and I always find that a relaxing place.  Any thoughts on the shows?

4 hours ago, wineandbeach said:

Thanks for the great information - 13 days till we sail!  10 of us going for my Mom's 80th birthday cruise!  Looking forward to the Champagne bar, many ships have gotten rid of that and I always find that a relaxing place.  Any thoughts on the shows?

SHows are a mix of standard cruise ship production shows and various headdliners, such as comedians, singers, jugglers, etc.

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We saw a show on Adventure called “Invitation to Dance” and thought all the dancers were very good. 

Yes, there is another frequent poster on this forum that usually has some recognition of that show!

Just came off the Adventure two weeks ago and loved the schooner lounge. We were in it all day playing trivia. Good bar service. Also agree, Skylight Chapel still there as they had Jewish Friday night services. I wish I could recommend our MDR waiter Yuri but he left for a 2 month vacation when we docked so we won't be there. Assist Waiter Chan at table 101 might be there, though. They both were wonderful. Oh, a lady in the windjammer who goes by the nickname Washie Washie was there and still funny as always especially doing her dance. Enjoy the ship. Found it in  great shape.

2 hours ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

Just came off the Adventure two weeks ago and loved the schooner lounge. We were in it all day playing trivia. Good bar service. Also agree, Skylight Chapel still there as they had Jewish Friday night services. I wish I could recommend our MDR waiter Yuri but he left for a 2 month vacation when we docked so we won't be there. Assist Waiter Chan at table 101 might be there, though. They both were wonderful. Oh, a lady in the windjammer who goes by the nickname Washie Washie was there and still funny as always especially doing her dance. Enjoy the ship. Found it in  great shape.

We had Yurie (amazing waiter) for 2 of our 4 b2b2b2b, with Chan the first time.  The other two cruises we had Saga, who is also the best.  Windjammer favorite was Angelo.  He had the small section on the side next to the soda machine.  He would welcome everyone to "his restaurant", and just blow you away with his service, humor, and huge, huge smile.