Fort Lauderdale Boarding Process?

How does boarding work in Fort Lauderdale? We are Emerald. On our last cruise from Miami they had Emerald in a room with Diamond & Diamond +. We boarded right after Suites & Pinnacle. Is that how it works in Fort Lauderdale?

3 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

How does boarding work in Fort Lauderdale? We are Emerald. On our last cruise from Miami they had Emerald in a room with Diamond & Diamond +. We boarded right after Suites & Pinnacle. Is that how it works in Fort Lauderdale?

Which terminal?

27 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Will be on Adventure in February. Not sure what terminal.

Adventure has used Terminal 29 in the past, and I don't remember that terminal having that much special seating.

When we embarked at Port Everglades for the Allure on June 9 (Terminal 18 I believe), seating was separated by Crown and Anchor status - Diamond, Emerald, etc. Terminal was very organized - we used Uber from our hotel on 17th Street and arrived at the terminal at 10:30. We checked in, went up the escalators, got our children their bracelets for muster station, and were barely seated before they began boarding starting with top tier C&A. We were walking on the ship at 10:55.  

We went on Harmony out of FFL in March, and there is really only 1 line unless you paid for the "fast pass" (or whatever they call it) where you breeze through the lines.  We are Diamond and had to stand in line with everyone else. 

4 hours ago, jimmyjam1973 said:

We went on Harmony out of FFL in March, and there is really only 1 line unless you paid for the "fast pass" (or whatever they call it) where you breeze through the lines.  We are Diamond and had to stand in line with everyone else. 

Are you talking about at security? I am taking about boarding the ship.

Yes, boarding is by Loyalty.  Once you check in you will be seated with your group until boarding starts.  Once they start, it will be Suites/Pinnacles, Diamond +, Diamond, Emerald, Platinum, Gold, General.  The Adventure sailed last season from T29 and we normally started boarding by 10:30-11:00.  If you come after that time you will go straight on board after check in.

Allure May 19th this year boarding order was Back to back /Suites / Pinnacle / Key / Expedited arrival passengers / Diamond Plus/ Diamond etc. Surely the diamond members not happy about being boarded after key and expedited arrival. My guess is the expedited arrival "experiment" is going to be a paid upgrade soon.

3 hours ago, bugsof5 said:

Allure May 19th this year boarding order was Back to back /Suites / Pinnacle / Key / Expedited arrival passengers / Diamond Plus/ Diamond etc. Surely the diamond members not happy about being boarded after key and expedited arrival. My guess is the expedited arrival "experiment" is going to be a paid upgrade soon.

The last time we sailed from Terminal 18 we arrived  just as boarding began. After showing our set sail pass we were told to get in line behind the Gold members. I didn't want to make a fuss so just complied.

So this making an appointment for check in thing is new to me.  Do they really enforce it?  What if you show up an hour before your 'appointment' in Ft. Lauderdale (mariner).  Will they make you wait to check in?

3 minutes ago, ggator said:

So this making an appointment for check in thing is new to me.  Do they really enforce it?  What if you show up an hour before your 'appointment' in Ft. Lauderdale (mariner).  Will they make you wait to check in?

The time is not being enforced. Show up whenever.

The Mariner's in Port Canaveral

19 hours ago, mscinmia said:

Yes, boarding is by Loyalty.  Once you check in you will be seated with your group until boarding starts.  Once they start, it will be Suites/Pinnacles, Diamond +, Diamond, Emerald, Platinum, Gold, General.  The Adventure sailed last season from T29 and we normally started boarding by 10:30-11:00.  If you come after that time you will go straight on board after check in.

Don't forget about the people that have paid for The Key. I think they are allowed to board with suites and Pinnacles. My family is Diamond and they were allowed to board before us.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, cb at sea said:

If you arrive after 11am, there is generally no need to "wait" anywhere...you simply check in and board.  It's really only if you are checked in BEFORE boarding starts that there is a wait.

This pretty much sums up all the ports we've boarded at (MIA, FLL, SJU).

If you get there early it is what it is - you'll board when the say you can.  At FLL we've  never seen emeralds board or seated with diamond, d+ etc.  It's always been by group, with suites first.

Edited by bouhunter