Great Day With Woody in Dominica

cricketts

In January 2019 we toured with Woody.  It was a wonderful day seeing the less traveled parts of Dominica.  Dominica is known as the “Nature Island”, and its beauty is returning after the devastating hurricanes of 2017.  Of particular note on Woody’s tour are the stops at Jaco Falls and Batibou Beach.  Lunch at the beach was especially nice, being served on a coconut frond!  It was a fabulous day, and we’ll be touring with Woody again in January 2020!  Here's a link to his web site:  https://woodydominica.com/?fbclid=IwAR2zJtJkh7_Pqa8raDEkJi0sc--CZ19PNNB0tlPvDViPlofDT7cTVs1HoSo

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

IMG_5155.JPG

3 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

The website isn't working for me, but it could just be an issue with me trying to access it from work. Would you mind sharing more about what you did? The cost? Length of the tour? What was included? Etc. Thanks.

Woody's is an all day tour, and I think the cost varies by how many people are on the tour.  He has numerous stops along his route for overlook, walking around and taking in the beauty of Dominica.  We probably spent about 45 minutes at the Jaco Falls and around 2 hours at Batibou Beach.  Batibou might be the most spectacular beach in the Caribbean because the rain forest comes almost down to the water, yet the sand is spectacular and it's a marvelous walking beach!  The lunch, which was cooked on the beach, was included as well as plenty of adult beverages - Woody makes his own fabulous Rum Punch.  Of course, there are plenty of non-alcoholic options.  

I don't know why my link (that I copied and pasted) came up with all those extensions.  Try just woodydominica.com.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, cricketts said:

Woody's is an all day tour, and I think the cost varies by how many people are on the tour.  He has numerous stops along his route for overlook, walking around and taking in the beauty of Dominica.  We probably spent about 45 minutes at the Jaco Falls and around 2 hours at Batibou Beach.  Batibou might be the most spectacular beach in the Caribbean because the rain forest comes almost down to the water, yet the sand is spectacular and it's a marvelous walking beach!  The lunch, which was cooked on the beach, was included as well as plenty of adult beverages - Woody makes his own fabulous Rum Punch.  Of course, there are plenty of non-alcoholic options.  

I don't know why my link (that I copied and pasted) came up with all those extensions.  Try just woodydominica.com.

How have you contacted him? I went through his website, but have not heard back. I know that internet is not readily available or nearly as reliable in a lot of these countries, but it seems to be a trend especially with the companies I have contacted in Dominica with little to no response.

20 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

How have you contacted him? I went through his website, but have not heard back. I know that internet is not readily available or nearly as reliable in a lot of these countries, but it seems to be a trend especially with the companies I have contacted in Dominica with little to no response.

My initial contact to tour with him was on his website.  Possibly something is not working with the link.  Here's his direct e-mail:  adquatics@yahoo.com  

When are you planning to go to Dominica?  We'll be on the Vision of the Seas sailing on January 11th and I've got Woody booked for the 15th.  Hope that's not a conflict for you!

On 6/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

We shall see. He has to respond first 🙂

I saw a FB post that Woody is traveling in Europe.  The cruise business in not year round in Dominica.  Ships only come in between October and April.  Maybe that's why you haven't heard yet.

Edited by cricketts

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, cricketts said:

I saw a FB post that Woody is traveling in Europe.  The cruise business in not year round in Dominica.  Ships only come in between October and April.  Maybe that's why you haven't heard yet.

How much time would you say you spent in the car versus out? Seems like a lot of the tours i have looked into are a lot of driving time. 

32 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

How much time would you say you spent in the car versus out? Seems like a lot of the tours i have looked into are a lot of driving time. 

Maybe about half and half... We spent quite a bit of time at Batibou Beach which is absolutely amazing! So was the lunch which was grilled there on the beach and served on a coconut frond.  We also went to Jaco Falls, some overlooks, and a couple more beaches.  It does take some time to get to the more remote areas of the Island though.  It's worth the ride!  Here are a few pictures.

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5146 (1).JPG

IMG_5155.JPG

Edited by cricketts

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gmachar said:

Are you doing a private tour or is it open to more - we are on the same cruise as you?

Charlene & Gerry

Hi Charlene and Gerry!

We are on Vision of the Seas leaving San Juan on January 11th.  We'll be in Dominica on January 15th, and I've asked Woody to save the day for us!  No plans beyond that.  He is headed to Tokyo in a few weeks as "Chef De Mission" for the Dominica Olympic Committee.  I'm sure we'll be working on plans after that and later in the fall.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, cricketts said:

In January 2019 we toured with Woody.  It was a wonderful day seeing the less traveled parts of Dominica. 

Thanks for the info and beautiful pictures! I have just sent a message to Woody via his web site and am hoping to hear back soon. I had not heard of Woody prior to your posts.  What size are his group tours?

I have been considering BUMPIINGTOURS. Are you familiar with them?

On 8/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, Tall22 said:

Thanks for the info and beautiful pictures! I have just sent a message to Woody via his web site and am hoping to hear back soon. I had not heard of Woody prior to your posts.  What size are his group tours?

I have been considering BUMPIINGTOURS. Are you familiar with them?

There were 4 in our group with Woody.  He's headed to Tokyo next week as Chef De Mission for the Dominica Olympic Committee.  I'm not expecting him to have time to plan the details of our visit (in January) until he returns.

We did look into Bumpiing tours on our first visit to Dominica.  His tours go to the heavily trafficked places such as the Emerald Pool, Botanical Garden and Trafalger Falls.  We ended up doing a ship excursion instead.  I think Levi has expanded his tour selection since then (January 2016).

13 hours ago, cricketts said:

There were 4 in our group with Woody.  He's headed to Tokyo next week as Chef De Mission for the Dominica Olympic Committee.  I'm not expecting him to have time to plan the details of our visit (in January) until he returns.

We did look into Bumpiing tours on our first visit to Dominica.  His tours go to the heavily trafficked places such as the Emerald Pool, Botanical Garden and Trafalger Falls.  We ended up doing a ship excursion instead.  I think Levi has expanded his tour selection since then (January 2016).

Woody responded quickly. So far there are only two of us and the price is more than I want to pay. Do you recall the cost of the tour for four? I was wondering if the per person cost would be less with more people. If so, I could try to recruit more people from our cruise. His tour does sound more appealing than others.

7 hours ago, Tall22 said:

Woody responded quickly. So far there are only two of us and the price is more than I want to pay. Do you recall the cost of the tour for four? I was wondering if the per person cost would be less with more people. If so, I could try to recruit more people from our cruise. His tour does sound more appealing than others.

There were only 2 of us initially also.  I'd just started looking for another couple to keep the cost down.  However, someone else contacted Woody directly.  Remember that his is an all day tour (in order to go to the more remote areas of Dominica) so that is why it costs more.

20 hours ago, cricketts said:

There were only 2 of us initially also.  I'd just started looking for another couple to keep the cost down.  However, someone else contacted Woody directly.  Remember that his is an all day tour (in order to go to the more remote areas of Dominica) so that is why it costs more.

I don't mind paying for value but I do set limits as to what I want to spend. I just don't think it will be worth $300 to us. I requested  more info on the cost of a larger group but have not had a response. I need that info prior to trying to recruit others.

• 5 weeks later...