Chef's Table

Is the Chef's Table available on the Sun Princess? Also is the Balcony Breakfast or the Ultimate Balcony Dinner available on the Sun Princess? Both wife and I will be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and I would like to do either one or all of these. I know there are extra charges applicable but what the heck . . . let's do it.

We have had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the Sun Princess. It was several years ago, but I imagine it is still available. I have to say it was absolutely superb. We weren't even able to touch the last course - a platter of cheese etc. I suggest taking a couple of Tupperware (or similar) containers with you so you can keep the left-overs in your fridge. We take containers with us anyway so I can pick up some cheese, salami and crackers from the buffet and have our own nibbles with a drink on our balcony.

Chef's Table is supposed to be very good also. We weren't interested in the Balcony Breakfast. 

We have done a Chef's table on a few ships but not on the Sun. I would imagine that they would offer all three dining experiences, best off checking as soon as you board with the Maitre' de if you cannot pre book on your planner.

Do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It's fantastic. We've done it twice, once on Sun and once on Royal. But pace yourself, there is so much food. The basic menu is:

Canapes with a cocktail.

Crab cakes (two huge ones each).

Salad with marinated goats cheese.

Your choice of steak, lobster, or surf and turf. On Royal we got three small lobster tails each.

A wicked chocolate dessert.

A platter of petit fours.

You also get a half bottle of champagne, but you may want to take some of your own. The meal takes a while as it's served course by course and not rushed.

You can request changes if there are things you don't like.

We have a complimentary Ultimate Balcony Breakfast on Majestic Princess next February, might see if I can change it to the Balcony dinner.  If you don't ask you don't get.

We did the Chefs table last year on Royal Princess in Europe, very nice, but pricing a bit over the top, in my opinion.

Edited by NSWP

You might have to pay the difference in cost between the breakfast and the dinner, NSWP.

We did the Chef's Dinner on Royal as well, in 2016. It's so spectacular on those ships with the sparkling glass curtains closing off the dinner table. It was pricey though, and the wines were very average I thought.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

, aYou might have to pay the difference in cost between the breakfast and the dinner, NSWP.

We did the Chef's Dinner on Royal as well, in 2016. It's so spectacular on those ships with the sparkling glass curtains closing off the dinner table. It was pricey though, and the wines were very average I thought.

Yes Stu, an experience bit like being in a zoo behind those glass curtains, they play the entrance music and all.  I agree the wines served are the base wines, same as they serve at the Most Travelled Passenger lunch.  Bottom of the wine list, like the cheap Californian and Chilean Plonk, that I buy a bottle of each night in the MDR, around US$28.

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We have a complimentary Ultimate Balcony Breakfast on Majestic Princess next February, might see if I can change it to the Balcony dinner.  If you don't ask you don't get.

We did the Chefs table last year on Royal Princess in Europe, very nice, but pricing a bit over the top, in my opinion.

I think it is a one off type thing for a special occasion.