Oasis Promenade view and central park view rooms.

We have already booked Oasis for May in a Central park interior room view. Got a great deal I believe also, very happy with our price. Anyway are kids, or 3 people allowed in these rooms? I know that sounds weird because we booked this room but only through our TA. When I did mock bookings from RCI's website it would not allow us to book either room. It kept saying choose a different cabin with no explanation. So what are the rules for these types of rules and how were we allowed to book one of these rooms? We are 2 adults and 1 child of 6 years old. Thanks, its just a curious question as we are booked and excited to sail on Oasis from NJ.

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We have already booked Oasis for May in a Central park interior room view. Got a great deal I believe also, very happy with our price. Anyway are kids, or 3 people allowed in these rooms? I know that sounds weird because we booked this room but only through our TA. When I did mock bookings from RCI's website it would not allow us to book either room. It kept saying choose a different cabin with no explanation. So what are the rules for these types of rules and how were we allowed to book one of these rooms? We are 2 adults and 1 child of 6 years old. Thanks, its just a curious question as we are booked and excited to sail on Oasis from NJ.

There are a very few (I think 5 or 6) CP View staterooms with a sofa bed.  All others accommodate only two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There are a very few (I think 5 or 6) CP View staterooms with a sofa bed.  All others accommodate only two.

Ah ha so its most likely we may have gotten the last one. Interesting thanks, there should be a much better or just an explanation on the RCI website. I guess that goes for a lot of things lacking on the RCI website. Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Ah ha so its most likely we may have gotten the last one. Interesting thanks, there should be a much better or just an explanation on the RCI website. I guess that goes for a lot of things lacking on the RCI website. Thanks for the info.

Very true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

These are very good rooms. They are a little larger than most of the other rooms.

Oh cool thanks. We wanted to do a bit of a cheaper or less expensive cruise but wanted sunlight or a view of something. I really can't ever go back to a regular no window inside cabin so this was perfect. I think its gonna fit the bill perfectly. Its strange because Oasis is what, almost 10 years old and there are no videos I can find of this room on Oasis. I found one on Symphony which I'm going by as what it should be or close. I wish there was a You Tube video of this room on Oasis specifically.

Edited by JAMESCC

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Ken brought that up on a different thread. Something about one of the few categories that did not sub categorize the 3rd berth ability into a more expensive room

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ken brought that up on a different thread. Something about one of the few categories that did not sub categorize the 3rd berth ability into a more expensive room

What I am surprised about with this category and the promenade interior rooms is that they all don't have sofa beds to accommodate a 3rd person. Am I the only surprised by that?

Just now, JAMESCC said:

What I am surprised about with this category and the promenade interior rooms is that they all don't have sofa beds to accommodate a 3rd person. Am I the only surprised by that?

Not surprised, they may have muster station contraints due to stateroom configurations on other decks that share the same muster stations.

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Lifeboat requirements 🤔

To slow

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

36 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Oh cool thanks. We wanted to do a bit of a cheaper or less expensive cruise but wanted sunlight or a view of something. I really can't ever go back to a regular no window inside cabin so this was perfect. I think its gonna fit the bill perfectly. Its strange because Oasis is what, almost 10 years old and there are no videos I can find of this room on Oasis. I found one on Symphony which I'm going by as what it should be or close. I wish there was a You Tube video of this room on Oasis specifically.

We have enjoyed a Central park view with one child.  No problem .   The couch does open to a bed in some cabins.  You can see the triangle diagram on the deck plans.   Deck 9  CPV have a big picture window and since the ship is open over central park, you get sun and see rain if it is raining outside.  Higher decks have a small balcony overlooking central park.

My DH and I are booked next august in a Central Park room again, as are my neice and nephew and their daughter.  A great buy!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

4 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Not all balconies have the sofa beds either.  They all do have sofas though.