Future Cruise Credit

Hi all

I am about to receive a FCC to be used within 12 months from date last cruise finished. Does this mean book a cruise within 12 months or complete a cruise within 12 months?

Thanks

Hi,

I just received a FCC last month. At the time, I was told I had 60 days to make a reservation and 12 months to use it. 

Mary

Edited by Mary&Jim
Typo

1 hour ago, Mary&Jim said:

Sorry, I was thinking about Next Cruise certificates.

Mary

Well, if it is a Next Cruise certificate, there is no time expiration for using it.

You have 60 days to transfer a reservation to a travel agent, if you so desire.

30 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Well, if it is a Next Cruise certificate, there is no time expiration for using it.

You have 60 days to transfer a reservation to a travel agent, if you so desire.

New next cruise program.

If you select the “open booking” you must book within 60 days or you lose the OBC and if you don’t book within a year you lose the deposit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Gosh I miss those old original "Next Cruise Certificates".  They never expired and could stock them up.  

Expecially the certificates issued before 2009, when you could combine all the perks, and get price drops up to 72 hours before the cruise.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Expecially the certificates issued before 2009, when you could combine all the perks, and get price drops up to 72 hours before the cruise.

Yup, I used to stock pile 5-6 at a time.  Sigh...was tough to have to use up the last one.  Miss that program.  I book so many cruises directly online now (to snag preferred cabins ahead of time) that I don't get those perks any longer.  Still book some cruises with Next Cruise on board, but timing is not always in my favor.  😞 

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

... Still book some cruises with Next Cruise on board, but timing is not always in my favor.  😞 

Gave that up when Next Cruise started heavily favoring non-refundable deposit bookings.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Gave that up when Next Cruise started heavily favoring non-refundable deposit bookings.

I can't believe how much the deposits have gone up!  500.00 deposits now...only the short ones are 200.00.  😮 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can't believe how much the deposits have gone up!  500.00 deposits now...only the short ones are 200.00.  😮 

All refundable next cruise bookings require full deposits.  Only the non refundable next cruise bookings have the reduced deposits.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All refundable next cruise bookings require full deposits.  Only The non refundable next cruise bookings have the reduced deposits.

The last four cruises I booked direct online are non-refundable....and are definitely not reduced, but oh well...have to pay for them at some point anyway.   

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, island lady said:

The last four cruises I booked direct online are non-refundable....and are definitely not reduced.  

Next Cruise bookings we did on Serenade were $100 deposit and they were JS 15 day

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

We were talking about next cruise bookings not online bookings 

Yup, sorry...just realized that and corrected my post.  Still.....was never that high in past years for direct booking.  Ouch...

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Next Cruise bookings we did on Serenade were $100 deposit and they were JS 15 day

Nice!!   Wish I could have waited to book Serenade while on board, but had to snag what I did now.  Won't be on board again until December...even this far out to early 2021 for Aussie/NZ/South Pacific cruises are booking fast. Yikes, hence having to change cabins on several legs!  😮 

Edited by island lady