Looking for cruises around Ireland's coastline

Hello cruisers, 

Has anyone been on a cruise that circumnavigated Ireland? I cant find a cruise that goes around all of Ireland. All the cruises that I see only stop in 3 or 4 ports and go to other countries. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Oh, we want to go in 2020, June if possible. 

Here you go.  I hope you have a lot of time and money...

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0N30C/6040A.html

This one is only 15 days, part of the above itinerary

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0N15D/6041.html

Also look at Oceania Nautica July 2020; Azamara Quest Aug 29 2020; Oceania Nautica 28 Sept 2020

Check out cruisetimetables.com and use ports in Ireland as Ports of call, or Dublin or Cork as departure ports.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Here you go.  I hope you have a lot of time and money...

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0N30C/6040A.html

This one is only 15 days, part of the above itinerary

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0N15D/6041.html

Also look at Oceania Nautica July 2020; Azamara Quest Aug 29 2020; Oceania Nautica 28 Sept 2020

Check out cruisetimetables.com and use ports in Ireland as Ports of call, or Dublin or Cork as departure ports.  EM

Thank you, I will check this out.

I can find 2 for Fred Olsen, but one is this year and another is 2121- there might be one in 2020, though..

Start and finish in Liverpool, the ship's home base, and does 5 ports going right round the island.

4 hours ago, BeatlesFanForever said:

Hello cruisers, 

Has anyone been on a cruise that circumnavigated Ireland? I cant find a cruise that goes around all of Ireland. All the cruises that I see only stop in 3 or 4 ports and go to other countries. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Oh, we want to go in 2020, June if possible. 

Perhaps you missed Oceania. We just did a two segment cruise with the first 10 days across the U.K. from Southampton to Dublin (including England, Scotland and Wales) followed by the Ireland circumnavigation over 8 days (available as a separate cruise): Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Bantry, Galway, Derry, and even a stop at the Isle of Man before returning to Dublin. 

When we departed Oceania Nautica, it repeated the Ireland circumnavigation.

• Thanks 1

In 2014 I did such a cruise on Holland America's Prisendam -- 14 days. 

At the time I wanted to see the Atlantic side of Ireland as well as Dublin & Belfast (I was determined to see the Giants' Causeway). 

I loved the itinerary.  I'd love to do it again (on a different ship), but I'd prefer a driving trip --  not possible right now.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, clo said:

Probably not right for a cruise site but Ireland is easy to drive around and so beautiful.

Absolutely and we recommend that anyone interested in seeing Ireland simply fly over to Dublin, rent a car, and have fun :).   We also suggest researching some B&Bs as there are many excellent ones in the country and the Inn keepers are generally very interesting folks.  

For those who are flying to or from Europe for a cruise, you might want to consider booking Aer Lingus which allows free stop-overs (we have done it for 10 days at a time) in Dublin or Shannon.  Folks taking a cruise out of almost any European port can tack on a visit to Ireland without paying any additional airfare.

Hank

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Absolutely

This was such a wonderful trip.  I've described Ireland as as beautiful as any photo you've ever seen.  And they are the absolute sweetest and most friendly people you'll ever meet.  We must get back.  Thanks for weighing in, Hank.

1 minute ago, clo said:

This was such a wonderful trip.  I've described Ireland as as beautiful as any photo you've ever seen.  And they are the absolute sweetest and most friendly people you'll ever meet.  We must get back.  Thanks for weighing in, Hank.

We would still be at our first B&B stop (which happened about 5 years ago) if it was not for a well timed phone call that abruptly pulled our owner/hostess away from a small chat :).  It is said that the Irish have the "gift of gab" and there was no way we could walk away from this lady without being rude.  But once she answered her phone (she is probably still on the phone years later) we were able to quietly make it out the front door.  A beautiful country with lovely people.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

A beautiful country with lovely people.

We may have stayed at the same place 🙂  All these years later I can still remember her name and how much she loved "girls." I can't do the accent but you know 🙂

Thank you everyone for your help in finding cruises.  I hadnt seen many of these when I was searching,. I think i was entering June 2020 in my seach and nothing came up.

I would love to drive around the country and stay at B&Bs but the other couple we will be traveling with prefers sailing around so that we arent living out of our suitcases. 

Thank you all again for your suggestions.