Pride/Baltimore November Weather

young_k92

• 3 weeks later...

When I'm planning a trip somewhere, I like to go to wunderground.com, put in the city, then go to the "History" tab. I did this for Baltimore after we booked out 11/2/19 cruise. I looked at the last few years to get an idea what the norm was. Although, of course, some years varied, it gave me an idea of what was more likely! I plan to be in the hot tub if it isn't warm! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2019 at 6:48 PM, young_k92 said:

Assuming "normal" weather in Baltimore in November, what are embarkation/sea days like?  Mid Atlantic weather can be wild in November.  We did the Pride in December years ago, and it wasn't too bad when we left, and we returned home in a snow storm...

Can anything happen onboard in the outdoor areas? There were always people outside.  The Lido area has a covered glass roof, so you can use the pools (not that I'd suggest that as the water is beyond cold), eat outside, use the hot tubs, etc.  Once you're down in warm weather they open up.  What's the Sail Away Party like? Just like every other one?  Can you swim or use the hot tubs outdoors?  I wouldn't swim until you're in warmer waters, but use the hot tub!  If not, at what point in the trip south do outside activities become doable? About a day and a half in the weather was more to my liking.  And, if most activities are indoors at this time of year, what indoor activities are available to make up for the lack of outdoor activities? Please be as specific as possible, and TYIA.  As far as I remember, all of the indoor activities were the same from every cruise I've ever done.  if you get seasick, I would make sure to get the patch from your doctor, and to bring Dramamine.  The ONLY time I have EVER been seasick was on the Pride.  The winter waters are more choppy, and we got caught in a storm system down in the Bahamas that we followed the entire way north, dumping feet of snow in Baltimore, and making the trip back home to Philly horrible. 

• Thanks 1

I sailed the Pride in November quite a few years ago.  We were delayed boarding by 1 day.  The ship was in a Nor Easter coming from Florida.  The waves were so high that the boat actually was wet in the secret garden and it never opened for our sailing.  It was rough when we hit the Atlantic and it was the first time I have ever taken Bonine, but I did it to be on the safe side.  On the way back it was nice and warm near the NC coast and then it was night time and we didn't care.  

That being said, I think you will be fine on a 14 day cruise as long as a Nor Easter doesn't develop along the coast.

• Thanks 1