Harrison's Cave or other suggestions?

StarSeven7

We'll be going on our first cruise in January to the Southern Caribbean with a stop at Barbados.  It will be me, DH, DD9, DS6. I'd like to do sight-seeing in the morning, possibly return to the ship for lunch, and then do one of the clubs in Carlisle Bay in the afternoon.  I was thinking Harrison's Cave in the morning but I've kind of read mixed reviews about it.  Is this something really cool and exciting or is there something else you recommend?  I'd like to do something unique to the island.  We haven't been to any caves before but we are planning on doing one in the Smoky Mountains later this summer. 

Also, if we go to Carlisle Bay and pay to use one of the clubs and go out on their boats to see the sea turtles, is this similar to what we would see if we took a catamaran snorkel tour?  Obviously it would be shorter and I'm sure the boat is not as nice, but my kids won't be great at snorkeling anyways.  And does anyone know if these boats would include life jackets?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

The catamaran tours stop in Carlilse Bay to swim with the turtles and snorkel the ship wreck - same stops the beach club boat will take you to.

Thanks!  I kind of figured that, but I wasn't certain!!

If you are thinking of Harrisons Cave as a shorex, fine, but if you would be going independently then I would contact Harrisons Cave ahead of time to check potential waiting time and the best time to arrive on your date.

This because shorex and other island tour companies are likely to have pre-booked slots, and the more ships in port the more slots could already be booked.

We enjoyed Harrison's Caves. Glory Tours offers some great tours and do an excellent job. Barbados is our favorite island. There are so many must sees including Bathsheba and our favorite Caribbean spot, the north shore. Whatever you decide on, enjoy. It's a beautiful island. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OHRiverRats said:

We enjoyed Harrison's Caves. Glory Tours offers some great tours and do an excellent job. Barbados is our favorite island. There are so many must sees including Bathsheba and our favorite Caribbean spot, the north shore. Whatever you decide on, enjoy. It's a beautiful island. 

Thanks! I’ve been looking at Glory Tours so I’m glad to hear a recommendation for them!

On 7/27/2019 at 4:12 AM, StarSeven7 said:

Thanks! I’ve been looking at Glory Tours so I’m glad to hear a recommendation for them!

Another vote for Glory Tours.....they provided a great tour for us...and pick you up right in the port terminal.

• Like 1