Carnival Legend Piano Bar

meanjean80

Hi all.  Just off the Carnival Legend 7/9-7/16 sailing to Alaska.  Willing to answer any questions but wanted to give a specific shout out to Jonathan in the Piano Bar.  He may have been the best I have ever seen...talented, energetic, and he really got the crowds going each night.  Full bar most nights, too.  Played without break starting at 9pm every night but the last one.  If you are a piano bar aficionado you won't want to miss him.

• Like 1

Thank you for the piano bar tip! I do have a question and I sincerely hope/pray it doesn't cause this thread to go down a rabbit hole but I was wondering if Legend has implemented the new "no plastic" program yet? We'll be on Legend in a couple of weeks and are planning to bring our metal straws and stir sticks but would rather leave them home if that ship hasn't cut over to the new program. TIA!

Hi all.  Had no idea these questions were there.  I'd like to blame the heat but am sitting in air conditioning, so no excuses.

My ports of call were Skagway (we did the Haines Wilderness Adventure), Juno (Mendenhall Glacier, MacCauley Hatchery, and Salmon Bake), Ketchican (Rainforest Walk & Totems).  I'll try to get up a detailed review soon.  These are all ship's tours because booking otherwise, although cheaper, would have resulted in so much drama with my sister being convinced we would miss the ship that it is not worth it.

Highlight was sailing through Tracey Arm Fjord, which was stunning.  That was also the day we had the most whales, dolphins, and sharks around the ship.

Lowlight was the stop in Victoria.  I guess it is necessary because of the Jones act, but it was pointless.  They seemed to have closed down for the day before we got there at 7:30pm.  Would much rather have had four more hours in Ketchican.

And as I mentioned in another thread, definitely in the "no straw" zone on Legend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meanjean80 said:

Hi all.  Had no idea these questions were there.  I'd like to blame the heat but am sitting in air conditioning, so no excuses.

My ports of call were Skagway (we did the Haines Wilderness Adventure), Juno (Mendenhall Glacier, MacCauley Hatchery, and Salmon Bake), Ketchican (Rainforest Walk & Totems).  I'll try to get up a detailed review soon.  These are all ship's tours because booking otherwise, although cheaper, would have resulted in so much drama with my sister being convinced we would miss the ship that it is not worth it.

Highlight was sailing through Tracey Arm Fjord, which was stunning.  That was also the day we had the most whales, dolphins, and sharks around the ship.

Lowlight was the stop in Victoria.  I guess it is necessary because of the Jones act, but it was pointless.  They seemed to have closed down for the day before we got there at 7:30pm.  Would much rather have had four more hours in Ketchican.

And as I mentioned in another thread, definitely in the "no straw" zone on Legend.

Looking forward to your review of the Legend. I'll be on her in October for the Panama Canal cruise.

• 5 weeks later...