Quebec City cruise terminal to airport ?? advice

CJcruzer

HAL arrives 5 AM, Quebec City - on a Sunday.

We have a 10:25 AM flight from Quebec to Toronto, arranged through HAL on a promo.  Seeing as there are 5 ships in port that day,  and it is Sunday morning - I asked HAL about their transfer, and could book it with my cruisefare in Cdn dollars. Once on board, it would be same price but in US dollars 🥴

So now my  docs say they do not recommend for flights leaving before 11 AM,   When we booked it, my TA and I both called, and minimum time for flight is 5 hours from docking, no advance advice regarding earliest flight departures.  . Now I am concerned at what time the bus will depart, in order to get to the airport on time.  I will do my checkin online on the ship, hopefully print boarding passes.  I hope to only have carry-on.  I just wanted to avoid the mess at the port, lining up for cabs.

We went over and over this, and now I get this *warning* advice.

————-

I went looking through some notes I made, which determined my decision to go with HAL transfer.

A post from 2018 regarding taxis : cabs were very few, but info booth inside cruise terminal can help.  (Considering it is Sunday AM, probably not that many cabs?  Also a LOT of people looking for cabs - hotels, airport, day tour/trips).  6 ships are in port.

Port schedule the day we dock, there are 6 ships in !  yikes!

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS sep 15, 00:30        
ZUIDERDAM sep 15, 05:00        
 VEENDAM sep 15, 07:00        
ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS sep 15, 08:00        
SILVER WIND C6FG2 sep 15, 09:00        
CELEBRITY SUMMIT sep 15, 10:00

Any advice?  Past experience?  Thanks

They pad that 11am flight time quite a bit. Let's say the ship docks on time at 5am and is cleared conservatively at 6am. You're off, again conservatively at 6:45 with self disembarkation with your carry on. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport from the cruise port if you factor in a little traffic. If the bus left at 7:15 after loading up the first group, you would be to the airport by 7:45-- plenty of time for a 10:25 flight, especially given that Jean Lesage isn't a massive airport.

I think you'll be fine. Even if the first bus didn't leave until 815-- you're still there at 8:45-- still plenty of time for your flight. 

HAL booked your flight so they know that you, and ostensibly others, have a tighter turn. Worth checking in with them a night or two before on board to confirm but I think you should be fine. 

7 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

They pad that 11am flight time quite a bit. Let's say the ship docks on time at 5am and is cleared conservatively at 6am. You're off, again conservatively at 6:45 with self disembarkation with your carry on. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport from the cruise port if you factor in a little traffic. If the bus left at 7:15 after loading up the first group, you would be to the airport by 7:45-- plenty of time for a 10:25 flight, especially given that Jean Lesage isn't a massive airport.

I think you'll be fine. Even if the first bus didn't leave until 815-- you're still there at 8:45-- still plenty of time for your flight. 

HAL booked your flight so they know that you, and ostensibly others, have a tighter turn. Worth checking in with them a night or two before on board to confirm but I think you should be fine. 

thanks, that helps.    

For a 10:25 flight to Toronto, so long as you are at the airport by 9:25, you should be fine. It's also helpful that you will be travelling on a Sunday morning when traffic in the city should be very light.  I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are concerned about the bus, just take a cab to airport.. We always use taxis, it's just easier and with that many ships there will be plenty of cabs. Airport transfer is like shore excursion?? You should be able to cancel for refund