What is the best way to get from Seattle hotel to Pier 91?

Derek King

Hello,

Me and my family (4 total)  are looking for the best way to get from Hyatt place downtown to pier 91 the morning on the cruise.

I was planning on Uber XL but i have read a few place that rideshares cannot drop you right at the pier.  Anybody with experience know the story on this?

If not what are some other good options?  I got a price from a local company and it would be $65 for the trip in an SUV, seems like way too high for this trip since the uberxl estimate is under $20.

Thanks.

We sailed Solstice on 6/21.  We stayed at the Pan Pacific and took an Uber XL from there to Pier 91.  The car was a Ford Explorer and fit 4 of us plus 4 large suitcases. Our guy dropped us off probably about 25 yards from the crosswalk into the terminal. The luggage handler was right there to take our luggage, and we were set. The trip was about 4 miles and before tip was $23.85.  Now, interesting enough, my in-laws took an Uber and they were dropped off at the same place where you have to go to meet the Uber when leaving the ship. So they had to wheel their luggage from that point to the terminal.  Our driver said that was only for pickups, that for drop offs at the terminal, he could drop us off closer. Not sure if that is true, but that was our experience! 

• Like 1

I work at pier 91.....

Drop offs can go to the same area as taxis and private rides.  Pick-ups for Uber and Lift have either a five minute walk...or can use the free shuttle busses that can take them there from just outside the terminal. 

Edited by Gunther1
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 7:31 AM, Derek King said:

Hello,

Me and my family (4 total)  are looking for the best way to get from Hyatt place downtown to pier 91 the morning on the cruise.

I was planning on Uber XL but i have read a few place that rideshares cannot drop you right at the pier.  Anybody with experience know the story on this?

If not what are some other good options?  I got a price from a local company and it would be $65 for the trip in an SUV, seems like way too high for this trip since the uberxl estimate is under $20.

Thanks.

The easiest ways are Shuttle Express or Seattle Express but a Yellow Cab is also reasonable, I believe, from the downtown area. (I believe the yellow cab will be a flat rate since it originates within the downtown area).  Here is contact info for the two shuttle companies.

Seattle Express Info: http://www.seattleexpress.com/21501.html or
EMAIL: mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com
Phone: (206) 793-8430

Cost for Shuttle Express is:
    Standard Seattle Package $59.99 per person:
    From Sea-Tac Airport to select downtown Seattle hotels ($19.99 pp) listed below
    From select hotels to pier ($18 pp)
    From pier back to airport ($22 pp)
    Sea-Tac Airport to/from Piers ($44 per person, round trip)
Shuttle Express Info: http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/
Phone: (425) 981-7000  or (888) 787-8598
Email: sales@shuttleexpress.net

On July 29, 2019 at 5:10 PM, Belle5129 said:

....... Now, interesting enough, my in-laws took an Uber and they were dropped off at the same place where you have to go to meet the Uber when leaving the ship. So they had to wheel their luggage from that point to the terminal.  Our driver said that was only for pickups, that for drop offs at the terminal, he could drop us off closer. Not sure if that is true, but that was our experience! 

I am posting from the Solstice which we boarded on August 2nd.  Our car service driver dropped us off right beside the luggage porters.  Two ships left Pier 91 that day, and as we were being driven toward the luggage drop-off area there were a great number of folks (including small kids trying to haul roller bags and a guy dealing with a woman in a wheelchair) dragging their luggage from the location where you meet Uber along the side of that warehouse building toward the luggage porters.  Our driver told us that Uber couldn't get any closer.  So interesting indeed.

We love the Cedarbrook Lodge so stayed there several nights prior to boarding -- not the typical place to stay prior to a cruise, but we absolutely love it.  The Cedarbrook concierge recommended Horizon Car Services and we were extremely pleased with their driver, the car and the price.  We will also use them when we leave the ship.

We used Seattle Express both to and from the port and were very satisfied with them. We pre-reserved on-line it as a round trip and saved a few dollars on the fares. There was a pick-up point near our hotel, which was in the SeaTac area. The driver, when headed toward the port, gave us a sort of Seattle mini-tour with him narrating, which was an added bonus. as all but one of our party had never been to Seattle before. The drop-off point was the same as their pick-up point at the port. All very convenient!

Edited by flamomo