3 Night Dining Package how does it work?

I'm thinking of booking this.  Our cruise on Explorer falls on 2 significant dates - my birthday and our wedding anniversary and it would be nice to celebrate.

Cruise Planner just gives me the option of a time and nothing else.   How do I book specific restaurants/dates/times?

Edited by livylotte

13 minutes ago, livylotte said:

I'm thinking of booking this.  Our cruise on Explorer falls on 2 significant dates - my birthday and our wedding anniversary and it would be nice to celebrate.

Cruise Planner just gives me the option of a time and nothing else.   How do I book specific restaurants/dates/times?

Other than the time for the first or second night all other times and all restaurants must be booked on board. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than the time for the first or second night all other times and all restaurants must be booked on board. 

Can you choose between first or second night?  Second night would be my birthday.

Edited by livylotte

1 minute ago, livylotte said:

Thanks Ourusualbeach.  There is no date option - just a time.  So you don't get to choose your first reservation? Are you able to change this once on board? 

You can change the restaurant once on board subject to availability.  Some  ships don’t even assign a restaurant anymore. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We got a great deal on a three night dinner package on the Mariner a few months ago.  Three  dinners for 60 dollars each, well worth the money spent.  We did Chops twice and Jamie's Italian once.  We loved Chop's and were disappointed with Jamie's, which was strange since we always enjoy Giovanni's.

Anywho, we also did Chef's Table one night and loved it, it was stretched out to around three hours but still was great fun and awesome food and service.  Not cheap but worth every penny.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, livylotte said:

On our last cruise we had our Anniversary on night 4 and we wanted that night and a specific time.  We had several packages but were unsure if we would get what we wanted. We booked and paid full price for the night and time we needed, once onboard we were able to get the same night and time with a package. Host simple cancelled our full price reservation and we received a fully refundable OBC for the $98.00 This was on Symphony where we had a BOGO, a 3 night and a 5 night package. Nothing was pre reserved and our first night was on night 3. First thing we do when boarding is to go to a specialty restaurant and make all our reservations for the week.  happy cruising