Combining OBC

Lbicklel

We are sailing on the Escape with a group of 6 in three cabins. We want to go in together to buy a photo package and would like to use OBC to do it.  Does anyone know if they will let us make a single purchase on board splitting the charge to multiple cabins? Or is there any other way to combine OBC’s or transfer OBC from one cabin to another?

I would think that the photo shop would be able to divide the package into 6 parts and bill individually

-OR- bill it 3 ways on each of the 3 cabins lead guest account 

-OR- bill it all on one account and let the guests figure how to pay it

Separate checks is probably a nuisance for the photo shop but how it is paid is your pleasure.

About that OBC - get the Photo package and bill it on your on board account -or- individually and at the end of the

cruise use the OBC to pay for it.

I believe that OBC is for the most part is not transferable between cabins and guests.

Most OBC is of the non-refundable type so use it or lose it

If there is OBC left-over you may want to consider doing individual billing on the photo work

Leave no OBC unspent

Your second option is what I want ....to buy the package and have the photo shop divide the bill 3 ways, 1/3 to each cabin.  Just wanting to confirm that they will actually split it and bill to 3 different staterooms.

We don’t tend to spend much on the ship outside of Photos and have extra OBC from our travel agent because there was a problem on our last cruise so we’re getting extra this time (as in$100 per cabin never showed up at NCL!)

Last time we ended up with very little OBC so we just charged the photos to one room and paid each other back.  But with so much OBC this time, we want to use a good chunk for pics.

another solution would be to have everyone cash out the OBC at a slot machine (minus the 3%) and give it to one person to go to Guest Services and deposit the cash to their stateroom account and they purchase the photo package. 

Last January, on the breakaway, my sister who was in another cabin was not going to use all of her onboard credit.  So I went to guest services and they transferred her non-refundable onboard credit to my account no problem.  We have no problem spending all of our onboard credit as we buy cruise next certificates.  

Hope this is helpful.

13 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Last January, on the breakaway, my sister who was in another cabin was not going to use all of her onboard credit.  So I went to guest services and they transferred her non-refundable onboard credit to my account no problem.  We have no problem spending all of our onboard credit as we buy cruise next certificates.  

Hope this is helpful.

This is fantastic information. I was always under the impression non-refundable was also non-transferable.