Cruise from australia

bjbear

Not sure where to post this question but I am trying to find out if there are any cruises from Sydney Australia to either Hawaii or the US.  I want to do a New Zealand cruise but don't think I can survive the day long flight at my age!  So I thought it would be nice and relaxing to cruise down under!!  I've found a trans-pacific on Holland that goes from San Diego to Sydney and then another that goes from Sydney around New Zealand, dates from 10/19/20 to 12/5/20 for the 2 combined. But I can't figure out how to get home short of flying. I would be happy to go from Sydney to Hawaii and fly from there, that seems to be the best option.  Anyone have any suggestions, etc. please let me know. 

Thanks so much,

Sue

7 minutes ago, bjbear said:

Not sure where to post this question but I am trying to find out if there are any cruises from Sydney Australia to either Hawaii or the US.  I want to do a New Zealand cruise but don't think I can survive the day long flight at my age!  So I thought it would be nice and relaxing to cruise down under!!  I've found a trans-pacific on Holland that goes from San Diego to Sydney and then another that goes from Sydney around New Zealand, dates from 10/19/20 to 12/5/20 for the 2 combined. But I can't figure out how to get home short of flying. I would be happy to go from Sydney to Hawaii and fly from there, that seems to be the best option.  Anyone have any suggestions, etc. please let me know. 

Thanks so much,

Sue

For starters:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?depcity=221&portofcall=96

You can change the dates to see what's available.

Edited by Shmoo here

40 minutes ago, bjbear said:

Thanks so much,

Sue

We just cancelled Ovation of the Seas TP because the airfare was outrages.  April 20, 2020 Sydney to Hawaii 18 nights with 2 stops in New Zealand.  Overnight in Hawaii and then 10 nights to Seattle.  I believe Radiance of the seas has almost the same dates and route. They also do the reverse in Aug/Sep. 

The ships that are in Australia for our summer season don't tend to head back to the US until March or April, so wouldn't fit in with your current itineraries. However some cruise lines offer segments on world cruises, eg Cunard, so you might be lucky to find one of those going from Sydney to the US in January 21.

Other options are to fly to Hawaii or Fiji and break your journey there for a couple of days. 

9 hours ago, bjbear said:

Thanks so much,

Sue

Every April there is an exodus of several ships heading away from Sydney to Hawaii and beyond to Alaska.

Then they venture back around October /November.

Of course there are other ships doing segments on world cruises. Check out cruise timetables.