ms Oosterdam in Juneau July 30, 2019

Scrapnana

Copper, is there a difference in the gangway setup for Vistas vs Signature.  It seems like the Signature ships always go starboard to while the Vistas seem to mostly go port to.

Roy

Just now, rafinmd said:

Copper, is there a difference in the gangway setup for Vistas vs Signature.  It seems like the Signature ships always go starboard to while the Vistas seem to mostly go port to.

Roy

Gangway set-up is the same Roy - which side they go alongside is up to the captain and his staff captain 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Ramming speed to the dock before a swing to starboard at the last minute 

Hoping those sirens from Capital City FD are not for an Oostie pax

I would certainly hope not.  At least from our procedures I see no need for lights and sirens to meet a passenger when there will be no access for several minutes.

Roy

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, 

On the first day on the new dock and one of the Signature Sister was docking - they asked if Westerdam's old markings were there. But the new dock had eliminated them. That was the summer Westie went to Italy to do her massive renovation - and Oostie did her first season here [in recent history].

Carole

• Thanks 1

Just looked on kroooze-cams and don't see an ambo anywhere near the docks.  Oostie is tucked in.  Thanks Kathi, Lou & Dave, and fellow addicts.  Today and tomorrow are the 2 Vistas I have sailed.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I would certainly hope not.  At least from our procedures I see no need for lights and sirens to meet a passenger when there will be no access for several minutes.

Roy

You know the fire guys! Capital City Fire Station No. 1 is located on the west side of town so it takes just a bit longer to get to the docks

Alaska - Capital City (Juneau) Fire Engine 11 - 2011 Pierce Velocity 4x4  #5.JPG

Alaska - Capital City (Juneau) Fire Medic 5 - Ford F-450 #3.JPG

• Like 1