Is the Haven worth the premium in Alaska? (Bliss/Joy)

tomservo

Here is a video of one of the two deck nine aft PH that I found on YouTube. We ended up booking this stateroom for our upcoming cruise on the Bliss after seeing this video. Love the large balcony. Deck nine on this ship has the deepest aft balconies. I do not the owner of this video but she was kind enough to post it. 🙂

8 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Here is a video of one of the two deck nine aft PH that I found on YouTube. We ended up booking this stateroom for our upcoming cruise on the Bliss after seeing this video. Love the large balcony. Deck nine on this ship has the deepest aft balconies.

Wow, that video may have sold me on it. I'm still probably a few years away from a cruise like this, because I'd like to wait for my kids to be a bit older so they appreciate it more. If the current prices keep up I'll probably be on the Joy instead of the Bliss. When I checked before, I think H6's on the Joy for this fall were going for around 8-9k (they're all sold out now). The cheapest H6 I can find on the Bliss is a little under 12k for fall 2020.

We sailed Alaska on the Bliss in September 2018 in a Haven Spa Suite.  I absolutely think the Haven was worth it for a) Alaska and  b) on a larger ship.  The Haven observation area was never crowded, and neither was the sundeck, which was great glacier viewing!  I would have LOVED an aft cabin but it was pricier, so we opted for the spa suite.  One drawback to the spa suite--it's right underneath the gym and people for some reason like to workout at 6am.  But the Haven - completely worth it in my opinion.  We got some great photos from the Haven deck on glacier day, and it was not crowded at all.  Not to mention there was a waiter bringing us beverages.  What's not to love?

We sailed Haven on the Joy this summer.  Here are the reasons it was worth it to us and I would do it again

1) Observation Lounge always had a seat and a nice snack. 

2) Kids and I had access to the indoor pool. They swam every day

3) When we did the glacier viewing we went onto the Haven Deck and had prime viewing and pictures. After we were tired of looking at the glacier we are at the Haven restaurant and still had a view of the glacier

4) After a cold and rainy day on excursions we had priority boarding back onto the ship

5) The restaurant never had a wait

6) On the nice days the adult only section had cabanas with blankets.

10 hours ago, tomservo said:

I think H6's on the Joy for this fall were going for around 8-9k (they're all sold out now)

I stand corrected. I found an old courtesy hold from this past May, it was for an H6 on the Joy in Sept for 7k, which seems like a great price looking back. I hope I can find a similar price next year. 

19 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Same question, but for Vibe.  Would Vibe be worth it on Bliss in Alaska in May? 

If you don’t mind sitting out in 50’s and 60’s temp with periodic rain. 

June Vibe

AE49744F-9941-410E-9858-E0D2D69FB32E.jpeg

33BE41BB-125B-483A-ADFD-DDF31A3B3F56.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

On 8/1/2019 at 2:04 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Are your cabin key cards programmed to use the elevators to deck 14 to do this viewing ?

They have a butler manning the door and they check key cards/room numbers, so you have to get off elevator on the floor below, and walk the 1/2 flight up.