Vegetarian On Board?

frogerina

On 8/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, daisymay1960 said:

I thought I read guys do a vegan burger?

This may be an issue anyway. A true VEGAN will not accept a burger cooked on the same griddle as any other type of meat.

I'm guessing you can get a veggie burger somewhere on board but it may not meet a Vegan's specifications.

2 hours ago, kenb said:

This may be an issue anyway. A true VEGAN will not accept a burger cooked on the same griddle as any other type of meat.

I'm guessing you can get a veggie burger somewhere on board but it may not meet a Vegan's specifications.

The times I have ordered a veggie burger  it has either been cooked separately behind the scenes while I wait or (and I forget which line this was on) cooked on the same griddle but in a pan put on the griddle.

• Like 1

I've asked and they cook them on a separate griddle in the kitchen.  Of course, no one knows what goes on behind the scenes, but that's what I've been told.  I feel that its true the times I've ordered veggie burgers because I get digestive issues if I accidentally get animal grease/fats and I haven't had that problem on board ship.  Some shore excursions have been a different story 🙂

>A true VEGAN will not accept a burger cooked on the same griddle as any other type of meat.

As someone who co-founded a global vegan organization, I can say that I and hundreds of my vegan friends will eat a veggie burger like the Impossible Whopper w/o worry of where it is cooked. It isn't about our personal purity, it is about supporting cruelty-free products. 

Some Vegans may be slightly fussy ...tbh there is no end to how far you could go as a vegan

As a veggie , who tries to eat vegan if it's easy enough ,I wouldn't like my burger cooked in meat juices , but I have been known to pick meat out of a sandwich if there is nothing else to eat

This will be our first cruise on Carnival , I am hoping I can find some nice veggie choices , 

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, daisymay1960 said:

Some Vegans may be slightly fussy ...tbh there is no end to how far you could go as a vegan

As a veggie , who tries to eat vegan if it's easy enough ,I wouldn't like my burger cooked in meat juices , but I have been known to pick meat out of a sandwich if there is nothing else to eat

This will be our first cruise on Carnival , I am hoping I can find some nice veggie choices , 

My experience is that the veggie burgers are not cooked in meat juices. For most lines we have been on, you are asked to wait after ordering a veggie burger and it is cooked behind the scenes, not on the grill you see. On one line, I forget which, it was cooked in front of me on the grill, but in frying pan on the grill instead of directly on the grill.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, Joebucks said:

What is healthy about grilled cheese, cheese pizza, and veggie burgers?

Anyways, not sure if Indian food is her thing, but the Indian vegetarian dish is one of my favorites

I sailed one time with a friend who is a vegetarian.   Because of her, got hooked on the Indian vegetarian meals in the MDR.  I often will also order it either along with another entree or request from the classic menu just the grill salmon.  Anyway they are so good