Shore excursions

never2home

Super wide variety in prices depending on which excursion you may choose.  We've done basic ones for $39/pp all the way up to $2,789/pp for a mid-voyage land adventure that included air, hotel, meals, guides, transportation, visas, etc. while away from the ship.

Agree that the price varies.  For this fall on the Whisper, I'm seeing $39 for morning trip to Baths beach in Virgin Gorda as well as $399 for helicopter tour over Montserrat or $189 for helicopter tour over Key West.  My trip this fall is to the Caribbean so it's possible Europe may be more.  I seem to remember Baltic tours were more.

I also will note that my tours were not available at 120 days.  Do check then and keep checking because I noticed each day, a few more ports showed up.  You can usually book as soon as you see the tour and cancel before you leave the U.S. if needed.  Read the fine print.

M

But I would also look at the Board for your ports and see some of the local tours you can buy. For our Alaska cruise next year we are going to 4 ports, and for 3 of them I have already booked a local tour far cheaper than the 2019 tour rates I asked my TA to get from Silversea. I think your TA can obtain 2019 details - mine came as a PDF, to give you an idea of prices. The only reason we will wait until the 120 days for the 4th port is that we have a finite amount of time there, and the local tour operator's timings on its webpage are outside those hours. I assume that Silversea will fit it all in! For the other 3 ports we have lots of time, so I am booked on a morning tour, and when it ends we will walk round the port for the rest of the day.

• 2 weeks later...